MUFE DUO MAT OR MAT VELVET? WHAT SHADE ARE YOU? NC50/NC45/NW43

califabulous

I am looking for a not so heavy but covers well powder foundation. i am super oily and want to know what you ladies are wearing and what shade. Any shades post here but I am closer to NC50/NC45/NW43-MAC and NARS Macao/Cadiz sheer matte. Has anyone tried the MUFE powder foundations? MAC studio fix+ foundation is not an option. What about bobbi brown or becca?

afulton

I'm NC50 and use the following in MUFE:

175 HD Foundation
70 & 75 Mat Velvet Foundation

Since you're super oily, you may want to try the Mat Velvet.

DanceLovesMAC

I'm NC50 and I'm trying to find my MUFE shade too. I've had samples of the Mat Velvet+ in #70 & #75.

#70 was way to light & #75 much too red. I have tried mixing the two and came out with good results. But I'm wondering now if I should try mixing #70 & #80? I'm thinking the undertones may be better matched.

afulton

We both have the same problem. I have to mix 70 and 75 to get a decent match. Nothing perfect though. I thought 80 was too dark for my skin tone.
I'm NC50 and I'm trying to find my MUFE shade too. I've had samples of the Mat Velvet+ in #70 & #75.

#70 was way to light & #75 much too red. I have tried mixing the two and came out with good results. But I'm wondering now if I should try mixing #70 & #80? I'm thinking the undertones may be better matched.

lilchocolatema

Ditto. There is a yellow primer that I mix with the Mat Velvet because it is too red for me too. However, I made a large purchase that day, so she threw one in the bag for me. I doubt I would purchase it on my own. I usually just use my Ben Nye Banana Powder over it to kick out some of the red.

shontay07108

I love the duo mat powder foundation. I was surprised by the coverage. It doesn't feel heavy, though and it's not red at all. I am 173 in the mufe hd and 18 in face and body, so my shade in duo mat is 214. I'm guessing you would be 216. I have dry skin, but this powder doesn't dry me out or cling to my skin at all. I love it.

DanceLovesMAC

Ditto. There is a yellow primer that I mix with the Mat Velvet because it is too red for me too. However, I made a large purchase that day, so she threw one in the bag for me. I doubt I would purchase it on my own. I usually just use my Ben Nye Banana Powder over it to kick out some of the red.

Hmm maybe I should try using the MAC P+P Fortified Skin Enhancer in Neutralize (Yellow) under the Mat Velvet #75. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it since I tend to like the look of using the P+P FSE in Recharge (Orange) under my MUFE HD #177 since it can be a little too yellow for me.

macgirl3121

I'm NC50/ NW43 and my best match in Mat Velvet is 75. It might be slightly red on me but not nearly as red as any NW45 MAC foundation. I do set it with the Banana powder though too.

bobbiedoll03

I am an NC50 and I use MAT Velvet in 75 as well...I also throw on a powder to set it and minimize the redness...in the summer when i darken the color is pretty spot on though.

Latest posts