MUFE face and body shade #26

Onicaa

@elektra513 @califabulous
This post helped me know that I'm not crazy! MAC always puts me in NC50, but as we all know, MAC foundation colors aren't consistant. I found that the Select NC50 is the closest to my skin. Becca's TM in Tobacco is HG perfect, but the Syrup Stick Foundation is the right depth but is a tiny bit too green but is workable. I love their Spice Powder. I haven't tried Becca's next level down yet to see if one of those shades is a wee bit warmer. I can get away with (and actually like how it makes my skin look) BB skin foundation in 6.5 Warm Almond. It actually warms me up, gives me a golden glow. But the HG foundation for me that matches me EXACTLY is Prescriptives Real Antelope. MUF Macao is in second place. It's pretty good match for me now that I have a til tan. It's a hair too dark in the winter. But Antelope always disappears in my skin and doesn't look like make-up. Love it with Becca's Spice Powder.

BTW I also emailed Danielle of the Style and Beauty Doctor for Becca color recs and she hit the nail on the head for me! She suggested TM Tobacco, Syrup or Maple Foundation Stick, and Spice Powder. She also told me to follow the color suggestions for Zoe Saldana (even though she's lighter than me). Danielle's post on Zoe describes her as Olive with Neutral Undertones. (I LOVE the Style & Beauty Doctor!) After reading what @elektra513 said about undertones, it also hit the nail on the head for me! I have golden olive undertones and lean warm.

Thanks so much!!

MissTT

I can not believe how much I've learned in this thread. Since trying MUFE HD I have for the first time in my life discovered that I have olive undertones in my face. My first MAC match was C7 and I always hated that for other formulas I was given NC45. It always ended up orange on me. I'm currently using HD 173 and it's just too light for me, but 177 would likely be too dark. (My inner face is much brighter than the perimeter.) I think I'm yellow olive and I have a lot of research to do. Thanks so much, elecktra!