MUFE HD Foundation And Powder

aroseisarose

I am a Mac NW15 and was thinking of trying out the Make Up Forever HD Foundation. Would I be: 110 Pink Porecelain or 115 Ivory?
th_dunno.gif
Very expensive to buy over here in the UK (AROUND £27+) so would really appreciate some help. I have to order from the web because MUFE is near impossible to find over here so I cannot go and take a look in person.

Let me know what you think

--{--@

ritchieramone

I'm also an NW15 and I found that 110 Pink Porcelain was a really good match for me since I have pink undertones. Like you, I had to guess my shade without being able to see the product in person but it was just right. I didn't try the powder so I'm not sure about that, sorry.

It's a shame that you didn't post this just a little bit sooner as I sold mine on (UK) eBay for a lot less than I paid for it - I couldn't get used to liquid foundation after years of wearing Studio Fix Powder!

aroseisarose

thanks for the super quick reply. I dont suppose you have tried any other MUFE products have you? like the green primer or concealer palette?

ritchieramone

No, I haven't, sorry; I'm too fixated on MAC to stray too far!

There are plenty of MUFE fans here though so I'm sure someone else will be able to help you out with more info.
yes.gif

Superkaz

If you look on the Sephora website, you can have a look at the colours with what undertones they have.
I found it extremely helpful, until I found one in my city
shockt.gif

I also have the HD Powder. I dont use it everyday as its very expensive and comes in a tiny 10g but you dont need much at all.

rocksta

Oh, good that I noticed your thread!

I had the same problem like you. Finally, I found HD Foundation at one of Sephora's in my town and the Sephora girl applied the foundation in perfect shade to my whole face. It turned out to be no. 140. Then I headed over to Sephora site on purpose and their swatches were VERY ACCURATE. I also like the fact that they have models presenting shades.

Here is the Shade Finder: Make Up For Ever at Sephora.

BTW: If you have oily skin, stay away from it.
Coverage is very good, but if you're about coverage, just go with Cinema Secrets or any other stage make up. That's what I did and I'm very very happy.

aroseisarose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksta

Aww really? It has gotten so many good reviews
weeping.gif
. Oh well, at least I didn't order it yet. Was so close too. Suppose it's a blessing in disguise. I mean, who can afford to waste money like that right now. Thanks anyway.

ladyJ

I have oily skin and it worked out just fine for me. So did studio sculpt even when everyone told it wasn't for oily skin. Try it. Everyone is different so no worries!!!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksta

Coverage is very good, but if you're about coverage, just go with Cinema Secrets or any other stage make up. That's what I did and I'm very very happy.

Disagree. This is the only foundation I will use in my kit - its the only foundation I use on my face - and its the only foundation I will recommend to anyone.

If you're oily, use a good primer to control oil and set with the HD powder.
smiles.gif

alka1

I also have oily skin and this foundation has worked really well for me. like blindpassion said, if you use a primer and a good setting powder you should be fine. I mean sure, this foundation isn't super matte nor oil-absorbing but that's because it's not designed for that - it's meant to look natural.