MUFE HD or Studio Sculpt?

laguayaca

Im in the market for a new foundation I am currently using Estee Lauder Double wear but im honestly not as impressed about it (it seems like you have to blend immediately or blending sucks). It is a fabulous foundation but I just want to try something else eventually i will probably return to DoubleWear I just want to try something different.

Ive heard so many great things about these both so im torn on which to go for!

I have very oily, acne prone skin.
I need med to full coverage.
I will be in a humid environment.
I want something that wont slick off my face.

Thanks

nunu

My advice would be is to get a sample of each and try them on and see which one would suit your skin best. Both of these foundations have broken out people. And you never know which one *might* break you out. So before buying it, try each for a week and then decide.

However, for your needs i do not reccomend the studio sculpt as some people did ay that it is no sweat proof and can make you look oily because it goes for the dewy finish.

Good luck.

laguayaca

I have actually never tried studio tech because i thought it would make me more oily! I sadly dont live anywhere near counters but i will be by one in a couple weeks.

ClaireAvril

i thought that too because i am combination. Now its my favourite.
studio tech is a cream to matte.. its quite nice. you should try that one too.

DirtyPlum

MUFE HD. You may find SS too moisturising and not matte enough.
MUFE is pretty much like SFF but feels lighter.

mizuki~

I'm very oily and need med-full coverage as well and Studio Sculpt does not work well with me. It gets icky after only a few hours =/ So I don't recommend that

MUFE HD is pretty good (but unfortunately I didn't fall in love with it like everybody else)..but I like Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo Skin a LOT more. And it's a fraction of the price. You should definitely check that out next time you're in a drugstore. It provides excellent coverage and it keeps my face from getting shiny/oily during the day. Also, I hear Revlon Colorstay is dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, which is a favorite among many people with oily skin who need good coverage.

TISH1124

MUFE and me was OK ...But I was not impressed like 99.9% of the rest of the world...never got a perfect match...I adore and love Studio Sculpt and the concealer....I have been wearing it for a couple weeks and I just love how light it feels yet with such a matte full coverage on my skin

MzzRach

I'm a big fan of the MUFE HD foundation, but if you need oil control and fuller coverage, you might want to consider MUFE's Matt Velvet liquid foundation. Great oil control (much more so than the HD) and can go full coverage.

jeffreygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I'm a big fan of the MUFE HD foundation, but if you need oil control and fuller coverage, you might want to consider MUFE's Matt Velvet liquid foundation. Great oil control (much more so than the HD) and can go full coverage.

I was going to suggest this same MUFE foundation and Shiseido Oil-Free foundation.

GlamYOURUs

They are both great IMO but for different people, one or the other might set high standards. So the best thing to do is try them both out. Get samples, try one the first week and the other the 2nd week.

SweetCheeks

I have never had luck with any MAC foundations, they make me break out, I wear MUFE HD and I LOVE it, well worth the price and looks like skin with great coverage !

onepinkdiamond

To be honest, I think the perfect solutions is neither Studio Sculpt nor MUFE HD. I've tried both and I actually didn't swoon over MUFE HD all that much due to the fact that it does not flatter pores or creases in the face. it actually does not last long AT ALL; I know most people say it does and with blotting it should be taken care of, but if you have oily skin, this is not the case. I wear my foundation usually full coverage as I have marks from growing up and uneven skintone. Studio Sculpt feels the same as SFF (IMO) but has a different finish. But when applied with a light hand it can definitely feel less restrictive and slick compared to SFF.

For the your particular situation, have you ever considered mineral foundation? Mineral is an AWESOME alternative to liquid/creme foundations in humid conditions and especially perfect for oily skin (in all conditions). On top of that, it's better for your skin! I am in love with buff'd cosmetics as their foundation is just as comparable to MAC's or MUFE allowing light to full coverage all the way and feels dry on the skin with absolutely no 'slick' feeling. The offer their foundations in 3 different coverages: light, original, and concealing. If you have super oily skin, the concealing skin will DEFINITELY counteract the oiliness.

Hope this helps. I don't work for Buff'd or anything, but when I find a good product, I feel like I have to share.

wifey806

My skin is sooooo oily and i NEED full coverage (lucky f*cking me...) so I toootally relate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
MUFE HD. You may find SS too moisturising and not matte enough.

ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
MUFE and me was OK ...But I was not impressed like 99.9% of the rest of the world.....I adore and love Studio Sculpt and the concealer...

I've been using the concealer as foundation because my skin isn't clear, and it's pretty nice. I won't buy again though since I require so much coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
...but if you need oil control and fuller coverage, you might want to consider MUFE's Matt Velvet liquid foundation. Great oil control (much more so than the HD) and can go full coverage.

HOLLA! I agree MzzRach! I do keep going back to this one. It too would be my 1st choice. 2nd would be SFF
thmbup.gif

Latest posts