MUFE HD vs Studio Sculpt?

jackie100

For those that have tried both, which one do you prefer and why?

I have only trued MUFE and I do like it but haven't tried the studio sculpt..

Which one makes you look more flawless and lasts longer?

extinique

I find that studio sculpt has better coverage but mufe makes my skin look flawless and dewy. Studio sculpt was too heavy and it accentuated my dry areas plus it didn't last all day (it was sticky). I do love the coverage though.

My vote still goes to mufe hd. It gave me good coverage and lasted all day (I used the mufe hd powder too).

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100
For those that have tried both, which one do you prefer and why?

I have only trued MUFE and I do like it but haven't tried the studio sculpt..

Which one makes you look more flawless and lasts longer?

I've tried both. I prefer MUFE HD.

I liked studio sculpt, but MAC foundations break me out, so within two days I was already having a skin reaction. Thats not true for everyone, but it is for me. I find that studio sculpt is heavier. I find that it doesn't last all day where as MUFE does, which is a big thing for me, if my foundation looks bad half way through the day thats how I know it isn't the foundation for me.

MUFE makes my skin look flawless. I have acne scarring and this foundation covers it up amazingly.

I suggest you get samples of both and try them out
smiles.gif

Everyone is going to have a different opinion.

obentick

I Love the mac sculpt foundation, and it stays on the whole day too. I myself use a tint moisturizer before applying the sculpt, and once I apply the sculpt I either leave it like that or finish it off with the mineral presses powder or the sheer select powder and it looks really natural and the best part is it stays on the whole day. Also, just make sure you cleanse your face before goin to bed and that makes a big difference.

mac_addict.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
tease.gif

bebeflamand

I personally prefer the MUFE HD. The coverage is quite light, but buildable. My pores seem to disappear and I don't get those very fine lines when I smile for example like I do with other foundations. The finish is really natural, can't really tell I'm wearing foundation and I don't feel like I'm wearing a full face of make up. The colour really blends well with my skin. It 'dries' quite quickly, which is maybe a negative for some people. It's defo not sticky and I don't really have to set it with powder for it to stay.
The Studio Sculpt is heavier and you can feel it sticking on your face at first. The coverage is a bit better than the HD. What I have noticed is that certain days it sets well, but on other days it doesn't really seem to set at all, quite strange. It lasts a little less long than the MUFE HD in my case. I find it a bit more difficult to apply, the 187 doesn't work, currently using the 190 and then a buffer brush/kabuki to blend it. It's a good foundation, but not a great one imho because I'm a little annoyed by the fact it doesn't make my pores go away (thankfully doesn't make them huge like select spf does) and when I have certain expressions I still have those little lines, makes me feel I look older than I really am lol. HTH
smiles.gif

jackie100

Looks like I made the right choice with MUFE Hd then. It's just that after studio sculpt was released I read so many good reviews on Makeupalley and here and thought perhaps that would be the "ultimate" foundation. It's like I'm never happy with what I have I am always looking for something better.

So far I am happy with my MUFE. I found my perfect color match 117 and it looks flawless indoors as well as outdoors.

I recently started applying it with my a damp beautyblender sponge (which I just got) and I like it a lot more than the 187 for applying the MUFE, its way more flawless and seamless when I just pounce the beautyblender with the foundation.

I guess I'm not perfectly happy with my foundation because there is still a small light acne scar on my skin that the MUFE doesn't completely cover. I also use the Mac select cover up on top but I can still see it. I will probably try the MUFE full cover concealer next along with the foundation and see how that does.