Mufe HD

wonderdust

th_DANCE.gif
I was just browsing Makeup Artist provisions Makeup artists provisions website and noticed they now have the HD foundation (in limited shades), the HD Primers and HD powder, now available to buy.

I've been lusting after this foundation for a while so I'm glad it's finally available.
drools.gif

Hth

Luceuk

Re: Mufe Hd

At last!!! I need to order this
drools.gif
Thanks for letting us know.

I'm not sure what colour to get I'm an NW15 in the winter, I'm thinking the lightest 115
th_dunno.gif

Luceuk

Re: Mufe Hd

I can't believe the shipping price, £6! I don't like paying so much for shipping but I really want the foundation. I couldn't afford the powder but I will order that next week.

wonderdust

I actually didn't think shipping was to bad. I've paid more for shipping. I ordered the foundation, 4 eye shadows and a palette. I wasn't to sure about the HD powder as some guys on here said it made them look ashy so I skipped it. I might think about next pay day lol.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderdust
I actually didn't think shipping was to bad. I've paid more for shipping. I ordered the foundation, 4 eye shadows and a palette. I wasn't to sure about the HD powder as some guys on here said it made them look ashy so I skipped it. I might think about next pay day lol.

coastal scents silica spheres are identical
smiles.gif
and also it does make you look ashy! well, on me it does haha

ritchieramone

I ordered the foundation at the weekend and I also thought £6 was a bit much for delivery.
ssad.gif

I'm an NW15 all year round and I've chosen 110, Pink Porcelain. I'm absolutely useless with liquid foundations (I always use Studio Fix Powder) so I'm hoping that it's such an amazing product that it's somehow able to compensate for my lack of skill ... !

Girl about town

i love this foundation so much its the total Shiz!!! only had my first bottle a month and a half but bought another bottle of 120 because i can't bare to be without it.
bought the blue primer too so hope its good!! was a bit disappointed to see the concealers pallettes aren't on there anymore!

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
I ordered the foundation at the weekend and I also thought £6 was a bit much for delivery.
ssad.gif

I'm an NW15 all year round and I've chosen 110, Pink Porcelain. I'm absolutely useless with liquid foundations (I always use Studio Fix Powder) so I'm hoping that it's such an amazing product that it's somehow able to compensate for my lack of skill ... !

I didn't notice 110, I'm NW15 in the winter. If 115 a little dark I'll keep it for the summer and get 110.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
i love this foundation so much its the total Shiz!!! only had my first bottle a month and a half but bought another bottle of 120 because i can't bare to be without it.
bought the blue primer too so hope its good!! was a bit disappointed to see the concealers pallettes aren't on there anymore!

I'm disappointed too, I've been going to buy the consealer palette for a while now but they were always sold out of number 1. I hope they're just out of stock and it comes back.

vocaltest

just to let you guys know, this place does MUFE. although they don't have a webstore, their prices are cheaper, and they do mail order if you ring them up. a girl on mac lj posted about it, she said she bought about 4-5 things and p&p was recorded signed for priced at £4, and it arrived within 15 hours!

Makeup Pricelist

i'm gonna order from them i think. the prices on PAM are quite high.

Girl about town

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
just to let you guys know, this place does MUFE. although they don't have a webstore, their prices are cheaper, and they do mail order if you ring them up. a girl on mac lj posted about it, she said she bought about 4-5 things and p&p was recorded signed for priced at £4, and it arrived within 15 hours!

Makeup Pricelist

i'm gonna order from them i think. the prices on PAM are quite high.

ooooo i feel a shopping binge coming on!!!

Luceuk

I recieved mine this morning and it's a perfect match. I love it, it feels so light on my skin compared to Studio fix and gives a great coverage. I really want the powder now.

I noticed the consealer palettes are back on the website.

wonderdust

I received my order today as well. Unfortunately the HD foundation (#175) wasn't quite right. The tone is to red
ssad.gif
. I think #173 will be a better match. On the positive side the eye shadows and palette are fab.

I've just ordered #173 from [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Guru Makeup Emporium. Hopefully this will be the right shade or my DH will murder me for wasting money on foundation (after all it is the credit crunch
nonono.gif
). I figure I can mix the 2 and come up with my shade if all else fails. I also ordered eyeshadow #92
drools.gif
, and reserved #75 and a small mist and fix spray when there next in stock.

I must stop buying makeup.
yes.gif

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ritchieramone

I also got mine this morning. Annoyingly though, it will be ages before I get a chance to see how good a match it is for me. I leave for work before there's any daylight and get home in the dark as well, so I'll only be able to try it in artificial light until the weekend.
ssad.gif

I think the 110 is maybe going to be slightly off colour-wise on me. I put a little on the back of my hand (that's all I can really try since I'm at work) and it looks quite pink and artificial. I can't tell anything for sure from that though so I'll reserve judgement until I've had a proper try-out.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I recieved mine this morning and it's a perfect match. I love it, it feels so light on my skin compared to Studio fix and gives a great coverage. I really want the powder now.

I noticed the consealer palettes are back on the website.

i have both the coastal scents one and the mufe hd powder and they're identical. hth!

Luceuk

Quote:
i have both the coastal scents one and the mufe hd powder and they're identical. hth!

How much is the shipping from Costal Scents? It's what puts me off ordering from there with the import tax.

Girl about town

got me a MUFE concealer palette from PAM cos guru make up only had the dark skin ones, can't believe pam has put their prices up so much , when i bought the HD foundation at christmas it was 23.50 and 3 quid shipping , its now 27.50 with 6 quid shipping, talk about having the monopoly on a product!!!! if i didn't love the stuff so much i wouldn't bother!!!

COBI

Quote:

There is thread about comparing these two somewhere on here. The majority opinion seemed to be that although they are similar, they are not quite identical.

The coastal scents silica is actually sold as an ingredient for people who make their own makeup. Although, it gives a similar effect (as silica is the ingredient in the HD powder), it's not quite the same as the HD finish powder in the fineness of the milling.

That being said, for many, the significant price difference doesn't make up for the differences in the products as the differences are barely apparent at all. I really like the HD, but can't say that I will pay $30 for it again as I don't find it to be significantly better than any finishing powder I've used.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
How much is the shipping from Costal Scents? It's what puts me off ordering from there with the import tax.

when i bought it i got 2 brushes as well and i think altogether it was about £5 shipping. i'm not entirely sure, but it wasn't really high. its only the palettes that seem to cost a huge amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
There is thread about comparing these two somewhere on here. The majority opinion seemed to be that although they are similar, they are not quite identical.

The coastal scents silica is actually sold as an ingredient for people who make their own makeup. Although, it gives a similar effect (as silica is the ingredient in the HD powder), it's not quite the same as the HD finish powder in the fineness of the milling.

That being said, for many, the significant price difference doesn't make up for the differences in the products as the differences are barely apparent at all. I really like the HD, but can't say that I will pay $30 for it again as I don't find it to be significantly better than any finishing powder I've used.

yeah i'm aware of that! lol. imo, i think they do exactly the same job. the hd powder is very slightly more finely milled so its easier to use, but you have to work with the cs one a bit more and use a very dense brush, but otherwise, i wouldn't pay the high price for it. i'm glad i discovered cs at the same time as my friend brought back from the US. i don't really like it to be honest, they both make me look ashy/paler than i already am.

wonderdust

I actually think #175 looks fine now. I love the way this foundation looks and feels on my face, very impressed!!!!!

I received my Mufe #92 eye shadow today
love.gif
. Brilliant shipping time from Guru makeup and excellent customer service to boot
thmbup.gif
I'll be using them again in the future.

My Visa is in protest, as I'm headed to MAC to get a few things from BBR.