MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

ladyJ

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I use the green primer and I LOVE it. I have incredibly red skin and ive been waiting for years for a primer to come out thats green and works well, this is the one
smiles.gif

I'm gonna see if they can give me a sample of it. Thanks!

Does everyone use their powder also? I use mineral powder instead of it their powder is better and makes your face look better, please let me know!

civicbabe627

I would say that I am cool toned, so is it okay that the 115 is a good match for me? I see a lot of warm toned girls saying that 115 matches them. I haven't actually worn the 117 yet, but it looked very yellow in the sample. Hmm... I don't know... I guess I will try out both.
th_dunno.gif

Winthrop44

^^ 115 looks cool toned to me and on Sephora it says 115 is for light skin with pink undertones.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
^^ 115 looks cool toned to me and on Sephora it says 115 is for light skin with pink undertones.

I owned it and had to return it because I am cool yellow undertones and this was very warm, pink undertoned foundations tend to be on the much warmer side.

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I'd love to try this but MUFE is only available via mail order here in the UK. I wanna try before I buy though
ssad.gif

Are there any colour comparisons for shades? I wanna know what shade to get (I'm MAC NC40)...

So what is it that makes this foundation good for HD purposes? i.e. ingredients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I don't know what shade you would be but they don't run dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
I am MAC NC40-42, what color do you guys suggest I get for the HD DEF foundation? I am looking for something that is full coverage...TIA

I had a sample of 153 i wear NC40 MSF and it looked amazing. I ordered MUFE HD and powder yesterday from sephora.com I can not wait to get in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheeks
Sephora is great about samples. I brought home 3 ! LOL The one at the Gardens Mall is where I went. I am torn on whether I am 123, 127, or 128 though.

Can someone explain to me the diff between yellow and olive undertones ?

Hey SweetCheeks,
I'm in that mall all the time. At the FS MAC store.

Has anyone tried their eye shadow I want to get a few any suggestion?

civicbabe627

Well I ended up liking the 117 better than the 115. The 117 is a lot less yellow than it looks in the sample.

*JJ*

i tried it today. finally, a perfect match for my pale skin - no. 110! i used nw15 before but it was a tad too dark for me. going to pick up a bottle of hd tomorrow!

Hemons

I would love to try MUFE HD foundation. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora in my state! I wear Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 and Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in NW20. What color would I be in MUFE HD? Thanks!

civicbabe627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
I would love to try MUFE HD foundation. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora in my state! I wear Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 and Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in NW20. What color would I be in MUFE HD? Thanks!

Call the MUFE Store in NY and have them send you samples. All you have to do is tell them which colors you think are close to you. They will send you a couple of samples. It only took about 4-5 days, and doesn't cost a dime!

(212) 941-9337 is the number to the store.
smiles.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons

i think 115 would be good for you. but try getting samples of maybe 110,115 and 118 just to make sure!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i think 115 would be good for you. but try getting samples of maybe 110,115 and 118 just to make sure!

I totally agree! Sample to ensure you get the right shade.

I am NW20 and wear 115.
winkiss.gif

blindpassion

I cant get over how much I love this foundation!
Almost everyday I look at my boyfriend when Im applying my makeup and go "DAMN I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO MUCH"

! soo so good!

Winthrop44

^^ Are you using an oil-based cleanser to remove it? I'm worried that if my facial cleanser deosn't take it off my brush it won't take it off my face, and with my sensitive skin I can't change cleansers.
ssad.gif

damsel

Quote:
^^ Are you using an oil-based cleanser to remove it? I'm worried that if my facial cleanser deosn't take it off my brush it won't take it off my face, and with my sensitive skin I can't change cleansers.
ssad.gif

you can use a regular cleanser to take it off [i use olay foaming cleanser for sensitive skin]. i have no residue left afterwards. i almost feel like it stains the brushes. like with my 187, i wash it with shampoo until the water runs clear, but the fibers still have color on them. the only thing that gets rid of the color is mac brush cleanser.

elib067

so i have a question for you girls. i live in a humid climate and i tend to sweat easily, do you all think this foundation will last?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
you can use a regular cleanser to take it off [i use olay foaming cleanser for sensitive skin]. i have no residue left afterwards. i almost feel like it stains the brushes. like with my 187, i wash it with shampoo until the water runs clear, but the fibers still have color on them. the only thing that gets rid of the color is mac brush cleanser.

I guess I'll need to actually test my face in a little spot with MU remover like Bi-Facil ort something to convince myself I'm really getting it all off. The stained 187 fibers really bother me, it just makes me wonder if my face is stained too. I know, I'm wierd! LOL

blindpassion

Quote:
ssad.gif

Once you get a cleanser on it, it comes off easily. Which cleanser are you using at the moment? I just use a milky type of drug store cleanser thats all natural to take it off my skin, then use a Lush everyday cleanser.

It comes off quite easily.
A lot of things stain the 187, I find that you can get anything out if you wash your brushes right.

Take some MAC brush cleanser, wet the brush under warm water, put some brush claenser in your hand, swirl the 187 in your hand, add a little more and a little more bursh cleanser until you can swirl it in your hand and it creates little suds, and then once the color has come off, run the hairs under warm water and swirl them in your hand again to get rid of the suds.

That method for me, cleans anything off of brushes, they look brand new when I'm done washing them.

This foundation doesnt stick on your face like a tattoo, I promise
smiles.gif
haha
As long as you use water and cleanser you will be golden.

Winthrop44

I use MD Forte Replenish Hydrating cleanser. It's literally the only cleanser I've found that doesn't bother my rosacea and cause terrible flushing...you would not believe the list of things I react to. As a result, I only use this same cleanser on my brushes. My brushes all look like new using this. I've never had any problem whatsoever with any product - from foundations to blushes - not coming out of the white hairs of the 187 with one washing using this cleanser until MUFE HD. I *can* eventually get it off -- but only after upwards of 5 wash & rinse cycles just like you've described above. BUT if you feel the 187 stains easily, I guess there's something to be said for the idea that my face is not made up of the same stuff, lol!!!!

civicbabe627

Quote:
Originally Posted by elib067
so i have a question for you girls. i live in a humid climate and i tend to sweat easily, do you all think this foundation will last?

If you think it's humid in Raleigh, you should try living on the coast! Lol. I live about 10 minutes away from the beach, so it's extremely humid and can get hot here. The foundation still lasts all day for me. I definitely say try it.
yes.gif