MUFE, Studio Fix Fluid and Graftobian

Vixxan

Here are your results MS. Hannaleh

I tested 3 foundations for longevity. MUFE HD 177, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC50 and Graftobian HD Foundation Burnt Amber. During the course of testing I discovered that MUFE full coverage concealer does not work with MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Graftobian HD Foundation. If I used this concealer with those two foundations the concealer was gone before I could finish my face, so I had to start over. I used Hard Candy primer and no concealer for the second set of testing. I tested each product three times. I have to admit the results shocked me. I did not expect it to turn out the way it did.

On the left side of my face I have two acne scars. These scars are located where you would normally rest your head on your hand. I used this area to determine how long it would take me to rub off my foundation since this is a constant contact area.

On the lower right side of my face I have two acne scars but this is not a constant contact area. I used this area to determine how long it would take my foundation to natural fade.

I did leave these foundations on for all three testing between 12-15 hours. I also used blotting papers and face powder to control oil during testing. I tested each foundation 3 times and these are the combine results.

MUFE HD 177:
The foundation was gone from my constant contact area in 3-5 hours. The foundation faded in 8-10 hours. I was able to clearly see my acne scars on the lower right side within 8 hours. My T-zone managed to last for 8-10. At the 15 hour mark this foundation started to lose it color. At 15-18 hours this foundation turned green/gray. This was the biggest shocker of all. I did not expect this foundation to lose its color. I thought it would perform as well as my Graftobian. This foundation had no yellow/red undertones left. It looked like someone threw mud in my face. I didn’t see this coming and I’m still shocked.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC50
The foundation was gone from my constant contact area in 3-5 hours. The foundation faded in 5-6 hours. I was able to clearly see my acne scars on the lower right side within 8 hours. My T-zone managed to last for 7-9. About 8 eight hours into to testing my T-zone almost had no foundation left. You could clearly see that the foundation was missing. I did touch all of these foundations up during the day but this didn’t stop the foundation from completely fading from my T-zone.

I expected this foundation to lose its color because my Mineralized Satin finish does turn gray. I really did not think that this foundation could compete with the other two. I was wrong. This foundation did not lose its color at all. Even though it faded I didn’t look like the walking dead in it. I have to say I’m really impressed with this foundation.

Graftobian HD Foundation Burnt Amber
The foundation was gone from my constant contact area in 1-3 hours. The foundation faded in 10-11 hours. I was able to clearly see my acne scars on the lower right side within 8 hours. My T-zone managed to last for 9-10.

The results from this varied a lot between each testing. I managed to rub the foundation off sometimes in as little as one hour other times it took four hours. Using the acne scars on my lower right side this foundation took a lot longer to naturally fade 10-11 hours. My T-Zone was another story. On the first test my foundation was gone from my T-zone with in 5 hours. On the 2nd and third test the foundation lasted “between” 7-10 before fading. This foundation had no issues with color changing. I expected this foundation to out perform the other two and for the most part it did. I can’t explain why it performed badly one day and performed great the other two days.

Final thoughts:
By the end of testing I had developed several large lumps in may face. They felt like pimples that were forming below my skin. They never came to a head so I have no clue what there were other than painful. I also developed pimples on both of my checks. I can’t say that one product caused all of this and I don’t think that one product did cause it. I think that wearing foundation and primer for extended periods of time is just not smart. When we take off makeup at night we give our skin a much needed break. Not to do so is not a good idea. If I could not re-do my make up after 8 hours I would not wear make up at all. I would take that time to work on achieving a natural glow unlike the ugly bumps and pimples I achieved during testing.

Almond_Eyed

I have MUFE HD and I also find that it's not very long-lasting, however, I only wear it when I go out at night so I only really need 5-8 hours of coverage. I like it for pictures, it works well with flash photography.

I have normal to dry skin with a few red blemishes, but I've never had a breakout from any liquid foundations that I've used. I'm iffy about trying MAC Studio Sculpt though because I heard a lot of people break out from using it.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I have MUFE HD and I also find that it's not very long-lasting, however, I only wear it when I go out at night so I only really need 5-8 hours of coverage. I like it for pictures, it works well with flash photography.

I have normal to dry skin with a few red blemishes, but I've never had a breakout from any liquid foundations that I've used. I'm iffy about trying MAC Studio Sculpt though because I heard a lot of people break out from using it.

I am currently testing Studio Sculpt and so far the coverage and color are really nice.

Modmom

Those under-the-skin, painful bumps that never surface was the exact thing that happened to me after using Studio Fix Fluid. I broke out on my forehead near the hairline. I'm not prone to breakouts so that was the end of that foundation for me.

Great comparisons!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
This was really informative. Thank you!

Have you tested out Revlon color stay yet?

Yes I have. I found that Color Stay provided a very nice natural light coverage. If you have acne scars then you will need a concealer for this foundation. I had a very hard time getting my MUFE full coverage concealer to work with this product so I assumed that the Color Stay was the problem. I went back and tried Color Stay with the 10 pan concealer palette from Ebay and also with Ulta brand concealer and it worked. The coverage was almost like a tinted moisturizer.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed

agreed. I use MUFE when I go out at night as well..I like revelon colour stay and nars sheer glow during the day..I love how sheer glow looks on my skin, but it dosen't work well with flash photography

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Yes I have. I found that Color Stay provided a very nice natural light coverage. If you have acne scars then you will need a concealer for this foundation. I had a very hard time getting my MUFE full coverage concealer to work with this product so I assumed that the Color Stay was the problem. I went back and tried Color Stay with the 10 pan concealer palette from Ebay and also with Ulta brand concealer and it worked. The coverage was almost like a tinted moisturizer.

Thanks Vixxan,
I have to get this concealer so I can try it with colour stay..