Music that moves you?

KittieSparkles

For the past week I have been listening to alot of Tricky and Portishead. I have head a stressful week and their music is the only thing that keeps me calm.

But on normal days:

Jill Scott - Betta at home. I love her energy when she sings this song. You can feel how much she loves her man. Makes me wanna go home and hug my boy
th_kiss.gif

The Ramones - Blitzkreig Bop. I just wanna get up and dance around when I hear this. hehehe.. too much energy.
th_DANCE.gif

Bush - Anything by them. I just
drools.gif
over Gavin. hehehehe...
Portishead - Wondering star. Reminds me of someone very dear to me.
friends.gif

There are a bunch more but those are the top songs that moves me.

sexychefva804

Outkast- Elevators (Me & You), Aquemini, Player's Ball (Remix)
Isley Brothers- Summer Breeze, Voyage to Atlantis
Beastie Boys- Sure Shot, Sabotage
Anything Bollywood
Timbaland- The Way I Are
Ella Fitzgerald- Cry Me a River
Nina Simone- Feelin' Good
Jamiroquai- Canned Heat (from Napolean Dynamite)
Groove Armada- Superstylin'
Bob Marley- Punky Reggae Party
Blondie- Atomic
Amazing Life- don't remember the artist
Snoop Dogg- Doggy Dogg World, That Girl
Green Day- When I Come Around
Elvis Crespo- Suavamente

If I continue, I'll name every song on my IPOD, but one more:
Diana Ross- Love Hangover (if there's a cure for MAC i don't want it, I don't need it, if there's a remedy, i'll run from it, run from it. Can't get you out of my mind, think about you all the time 'cause I loooooove YOU)

threelittlebirds

Radiohead, some Coldplay, Elliot Smith, Belle & Sebastian (their music just makes me smile, anytime I hear it!), Emiliana Torrini, and much more but those are some of my favs.

Above all though, I think classical music moves me the most. Whenever I get a chance to see the philharmonic, chamber orchestra, or any sort of live classical, it brings tears to my eyes. The music/talent of the composers and performers truly blows me away and it just speaks to my soul. That was really sappy but I LOVE CLASSICAL.

j_absinthe

I thought I was the only one who dug Emiliana Torrini! Well, rationally I know I'm not, but still!

"Baby Blue" is my jam.

urbanlilyfairy

Eres Tu by Mocedades

This is an old song I think recorded in the 70's. A woman singing about the how the love of her life is you. ( eres tu translate from spanish to It's You).

THis song will be etched in my memory as long as I live.

My mother sang this song to my father minutes before his life support was turned off. (it was their song)

I can't even begin to describe how I felt at that moment. Watching my mom half singing half crying in this hospital room knowing she was saying goodbye to my father.

I can still hear my moms shaky voice and remember how beautiful it sounded.

It was the most sad and profound moment of my life.

All I have to hear now is the first second of this song and tears just flow.

you can hear a short clip of the song here Mocedades – Eres tú – Music at Last.fm

Latest posts