Musicians?

Professor Fate

Anyone here a musician? i have been playing guitar for years and years. i use to give some lessons and i love metal!

orodwen

i used to sing professionally but don't play any other musical instruments. my musical tastes are broad & i love a lot of music, including metal, even though these days i don't listen to it much unless it crosses over into prog/art rock.

on an aside, my son plays drums (admires neal peart, mike portnoy & john bonhom) & dh was a jazz trumpeter but can pick up most instruments & play something on them...
fluffy.gif

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orodwen
i used to sing professionally but don't play any other musical instruments. my musical tastes are broad & i love a lot of music, including metal, even though these days i don't listen to it much unless it crosses over into prog/art rock.

on an aside, my son plays drums (admires neal peart, mike portnoy & john bonhom) & dh was a jazz trumpeter but can pick up most instruments & play something on them...
fluffy.gif

awesome! your son has great taste. neal peart and mike portnoy are by far my favorite drummers around.

i have a very broad spectrum of musical taste ,but for some reason i have been 100% metal lately. i guess it's because i've been a little more pissed off than usual.

melozburngr

skin flute? ha ha, jk... I used to play the super uncool Flute, and Tenor Sax in Jazz
smiles.gif
yeah, that confirms it, I;m a nerd.
smiles.gif
but a hot nerd.
smiles.gif
lol so conceited. Im not, really! :p

mspixieears

Started life off as a classical flute player, injured my arms at uni when studying music and now play some rare early music instrument called the viola da gamba. Music is my LIFE. But I do love to listen to all sorts of music, not just classical. Modern stuff too. Any genre, as long as it's good. Metal is one the newer genres I've started exploring. I'm desperately trying to snap out of listening to post-punk influenced crap but my trash arse won't do it. I also love electronic stuff, but nothing good has come out in a while.

I did want to add that I never used my flute in the manner suggested by Alyson Hannigan's character in 'American Pie' despite being the ultimate flute geek in high school. I guess her flute wasn't solid silver which corrodes and has no business getting stuck in such...intimate places.

I got the clap, I'm going crazy, I'm getting sick, I'm feeling lazy...

iiifugaziii

I was a 'music kid' all throughout junior high and high school. I was in bands, vocal jazz, jazz ensemble, choirs, dancing/singing performing groups... and all that. I'm currently enrolled as a music major at csulb. I play clarinet and 'fiddle'

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
skin flute? ha ha, jk... I used to play the super uncool Flute, and Tenor Sax in Jazz
smiles.gif
yeah, that confirms it, I;m a nerd.
smiles.gif
but a hot nerd.
smiles.gif
lol so conceited. Im not, really! :p

hahahaha meloz you're hilarious :p

I played the flute, piccilo, drums and the sax for many years...

Latest posts