My 187 is falling apart!!! :O

JediFarfy

I'm actually a little shocked by this. For the last few weeks, a few hairs would come out of my 187 brush. I was annoyed, as I HATE picking at shed hair while doing my makeup. Then in the last week I noticed my once all-black w/white on top brush was showing some white along the sides.

Tonight, just now, while washing my brushes, the head of my 187 nearly came off. I noticed the top was no longer even across, ran my hand over it to fan the bristles, and it LIFTED from the handle. There's also a red substance coming up from the bottom and just over the metal of the handle.
th_dunno.gif

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do? Will MAC replace it? I'll use it gently tomorrow until I get a dup at Target. I can't afford another $42 + tax. I'm pretty
angry.gif
right now!

JF

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFarfy
I'm actually a little shocked by this. For the last few weeks, a few hairs would come out of my 187 brush. I was annoyed, as I HATE picking at shed hair while doing my makeup. Then in the last week I noticed my once all-black w/white on top brush was showing some white along the sides.

Tonight, just now, while washing my brushes, the head of my 187 nearly came off. I noticed the top was no longer even across, ran my hand over it to fan the bristles, and it LIFTED from the handle. There's also a red substance coming up from the bottom and just over the metal of the handle.
th_dunno.gif

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do? Will MAC replace it? I'll use it gently tomorrow until I get a dup at Target. I can't afford another $42 + tax. I'm pretty
angry.gif
right now!

JF

interesting, i've heard of the 187 shedding a few bristles but not completely falling apart like you're describing. how old is your brush?

have you been washing it? what cleaning method do you use? maybe water leaked into the ferrule and loosened up the glue
th_dunno.gif
I'm not sure if MAC will replace it.. it's worth a try - you should try calling customer service.

JediFarfy

I wash all my brushes every other week or sooner. I use lukewarm water and a mild shampoo, swirling the brush in my palm to clean, then rinsing. I do this with every brush, and no other has had a problem like this. I try not to use water that's not too hot because I was paranoid about the glue. I got the brush when it first came out, so 4 years? I can't remember. It's definitely not my oldest brush either.

I'm just annoyed. I'll email them before I run errands tomorrow.
ssad.gif

JF

gildedangel

Do you allow water to get into the ferrel of the brush? When you wash your brushes; if you don't dry them upside down the glue will dissolve and the bristles will fall out.

JediFarfy

I lay them flat on a towel after washing. I do my best to keep water out of the ferrel, especially the 187 since my of the makeup is near the top.

MAC responded to my email. They are sending me a packing slip so I can send them the brush. I already replaced it with a $13 version from Target. If this one fall apart, I will feel less upset. :p

JF

LMD84

weird. maybe you have just been unlucky because i've not heard of the whole head coming off before.

and it sounds like you wash and dry your brushes just like me and i've never had an issue. so maybe it was a defect.

JediFarfy

That's what I'm thinking. I wash all my brushes this way, and I've had some of them for a few years longer than this one. None of them ever had such a shedding problem or the HEAD trying to fall off.
ssad.gif

JF

Latest posts