My 187 is shedding like crazy!

Jishin

My 187 brush keeps shedding like crazy, I don't get it. I used it for like 6 months with an extremely cheap drugstore foundation, it didn't shed when I used it with that. But I bought the Studio Fix Fluid a week ago and now it keeps shedding
ssad.gif
The MUA told me that the 187 was a good brush to use with the SFF but, I don't wanna ruin my dear 187 if it keeps shedding. What do I need to do?

Thanks alot xoxo

gildedangel

How do you wash the brush? Be sure not to get any water into the ferral of the brush, or the glue dissolves and it will sheed like crazy. Is it the natural hairs shedding or the synthetic fibers, or both?

Jishin

The synthetic fibers, and I clean my brushes with the MAC brush cleanser, but I think it's just strange that its only with my Studio Fix Fluid... :/

musicalhouses

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear about that, and it seems so inexplicable, esp since only the synthetic bristles are dropping, not the natural hair ones. It could be that with multiple washings, water got into the ferrule and eventually the bristles came out. I don't think it has anything to do with the foundation, though, because I'm pretty sure others have used SFF with the 187 and they were OK. Just be careful not to wet the ferrule when washing. Usually that's the cause for bristles coming out. In the meantime, what are you going to do about it? Could you exchange it at the shop?