My 3 doggies (all shelter rescues)

DaisyDee

On the far left is Ed (not really his name, but that's what we call him)
In the middle is Fatty Maddy (her name is Maddy, but she is so fat, hence the nickname)
On the right is Miss Thang (again, not really her name, but she is such a prissy little princess, so...LOL)

s3k4mq.jpg

I know they're a motley looking crew, but they are ours and we love them. A friend of mine heads up the local animal shelter, and over the years, these ended up being a few of the most pitiful cases, and she tends to call me in those circumstances and plead with me to take in "just one more." You would not believe how far these dogs have come since coming to live with us. We've had "Miss Thang" for 7 years, "Ed" for 4 years and "Fatty Maddy" for about a year and a half.

Juneplum

awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! that's WONDERFUL! we have 3 dogs and a kitten.. 1 of the dogs, we rescued, and the kitty was a rescue too.. i swear if i were a millionaire, i;d take them ALL in!!

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! that's WONDERFUL! we have 3 dogs and a kitten.. 1 of the dogs, we rescued, and the kitty was a rescue too.. i swear if i were a millionaire, i;d take them ALL in!!

me too! we had an abandoned kitten last week. one of our tenants moved out and just left it behind. it had been attacked by a dog (not one of ours) and was cut and hungry...we kept it all weekend and in our sunroom and would have kept it forever but our dogs wanted to kill it.
ssad.gif

they were trying SO HARD to get into the sunroom, growling, etc...
so on Monday morning, I called my friend up and said she was getting a new kitten at the shelter. He was SO CUTE! All black, with big green eyes and he LOVES people! I know they'll find him a great home!

sbetsy

What sweeties! I have one dog and I got him from a shelter. I happen to believe that he's just about the best dog ever!!!

midnightlouise

That's great that you've rescued them! They look like a nice little crew to me!
smiles.gif

All of our animals were rescues, too. We have 2 dogs & 5 cats...people know I'm a sucker heh heh...but DH is no better, he saved a newborn kitten who's mother had moved her litter & left him behind
ssad.gif
The kitten was stuck up in the front end of someone's car & DH heard a pitiful crying when he went out to deliver the newspapers. So he got flashlight & found that little guy who just crawled right into his hand for warmth. He brought him home to me to save, of course! I had to feed him from a bottle every three hours for weeks. I still can't believe he lived. Now he's about the wildest thing that ever was lol! And he's HUGE. How did that happen?!
Sorry to hijack your thread DaisyDee, I just got started & couldn't stop
greengrin.gif

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
That's great that you've rescued them! They look like a nice little crew to me!
smiles.gif

All of our animals were rescues, too. We have 2 dogs & 5 cats...people know I'm a sucker heh heh...but DH is no better, he saved a newborn kitten who's mother had moved her litter & left him behind
ssad.gif
The kitten was stuck up in the front end of someone's car & DH heard a pitiful crying when he went out to deliver the newspapers. So he got flashlight & found that little guy who just crawled right into his hand for warmth. He brought him home to me to save, of course! I had to feed him from a bottle every three hours for weeks. I still can't believe he lived. Now he's about the wildest thing that ever was lol! And he's HUGE. How did that happen?!
Sorry to hijack your thread DaisyDee, I just got started & couldn't stop
greengrin.gif

NOO!! I LOVE to hear animal stories like that.
smiles.gif

Do your dogs get along with your cats? I guess because we didn't have cats when the dogs came in, they all 3 seem to want to eat a cat whenever they see one.
ssad.gif
I want cats so much!!!

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
That's so wonderful
smiles.gif

I have a cat that I call Chubby Chester because, well, he is!

I saw a cat on the news this morning that ate 50 pounds of cat food a week and had a 36 inch waist! I forget how much they said he weighed...LOL

He was GI-NORMOUS!
icon_eek.gif

DaisyDee

Here's 3 more pics of them...my husband posted these on one of the forums he posts on...I think their personalities show a little more in these:

19143f182b7be54d.jpg

15843f1825aba355.jpg

50343f1829be48f1.jpg

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee
NOO!! I LOVE to hear animal stories like that.
smiles.gif

Do your dogs get along with your cats? I guess because we didn't have cats when the dogs came in, they all 3 seem to want to eat a cat whenever they see one.
ssad.gif
I want cats so much!!!

They actually do get along pretty well, but the dogs want to play too rough with them so usually the dogs are outside during the day (we have a really big fenced yeard for them to run wild in lol!) and our cats are inside cats. Then they have separate rooms for sleeping so their contact is fairly limited. That makes it really easy.
smiles.gif
And I love the new pics! You really can see their personalities. They look like sweethearts!

Rank_as

I have immense respect for you. Rescuing animals is, in my opinion, one of the nicest thing people can do. Taking an animal into your home and providing it with love and care when no one else would is wonderful and people that do so gain my up most respect.

Over the years I've had a lot of 'small animals' [somewhat sadly none of my dogs are rescues, but only because we have show breeds and they need to be pedigree, etc] All have been rescues- I believe that if you are going to get an animal you should at least check out the rescue centres. Every animal deserves another chance and most end up there due to human cruelty and stupidity, not their own.

Your dogs are truely lovely and I hope they bring you happiness and love, and you return it
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

DaisyDee, your "kids" are so cute! They are lucky to have you. I think that people rescuing animals is the most wonderful thing. We have 3 rescue cats and used to have a rescue dog, but he passed a couple of years ago.
ssad.gif

My husband I are huuuuuuge suckers for animals! We love our furry crew!