My Baby Is Here!!! Yay!!!

Evey

Hi everyone! My babygirl is here! Here's a summary of the birth and a few pics...

On Friday, March 28th my husband and I woke up early and made our way to the hospital at about 5AM. We arrived at the hospital and immediately I made a run for the door LOL! My husband had to calm me down and we finally made our way to labor and delivery. We were greeted by a nurse who took some information from me and took us into a waiting room. I had to change into that assless gown and then put on some really comfy socks (which I took home by the way lol). She then proceeded to insert the IV which hurt really bad. We waited in the room for about an hour where I got to take a short nap before we were visited by the anesthesiologist (sp?). He sat down and asked me a few health related questions and then went through the procedure with me. About 30 minutes later they came in and they transferred me over to a gurney, gave my husband some scrubs, and took me downstairs to a pre-op room. There I was visited by my OB and about 5 minutes later they took me to the OR. It was a little scary. The room was WHITE LOL...very sterile and cold. Fortunately the nurse and the anesthesiologist made me very comfortable. The anesthesiologist inserted my spinal. It was definately not as painful as I thought it was going to be. Really, not painful at all. Just the pinch from the needle going in and that was it. As soon as he took the needle out i started to get a tingly feeling in my legs and in a matter of less than 5 minutes I was completely numb from the waist down and had to be helped to lay back down on the bed. After that, it took the doctor about 10 minutes to prepare everything. They checked to make sure I was completely numb and started the c-section. A few seconds later my husband walked in and sat down next to me. He held my hand the whole time and we just stared at eachother throughout the surgery. The doctor then said, ok, you're going to feel A LOT of pressure, that's just me pushing down on you to get the baby out. He wasn't lying about the pressure. It was like they were pushing all the air out of me. It didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable. About 5 minutes later I heard my baby crying. At 7:57AM the doctor said, "it's a beautiful baby girl!" Immediately my husband and I started crying out loud. I kept saying, THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH! They whisked my husband and baby off to the nursery and I stayed behind while they finished putting me back together. =) All in all, it was an AMAZING experience and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. The pain from the csection isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It does get pretty painful at times but, it's definately worth it. THANKS for taking the time to read this. Below are some pics of my baby.

Alyssa Marie

Janice

Welcome little Alyssa!
th_hug.gif

NutMeg

Yay, she's so adorable! Congrats, I know how much you've been looking forward to being able to see and hold her.

k.a.t

Omg Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you and you seem so happy
smiles.gif
She is so adorable I'm glad both you and her are ok. Again,she's so cute! (is she smiling in the last picture? aww) xxxx

Latest posts