My Current Makeup Storage! (AKA THIS Is Why I Put Myself On A "LOW-BUY") * PIC HEAVY *

Glitteryvegas

Quote: Originally Posted by PixieDancer
Now DON'T start! LOL I should be banished from low-buy for even HAVING this much makeup... but that's the single biggest reason why I NEED you guys! LOL
Now, get outta here and don't get any ideas!

Hehehe!!! I think you have a lovely collection with a huge variety of colours and finishes, which makes you a perfect candidate for a low buy!
bigstar.gif
I love how perfectly organized everything is...it looks so pretty and accessible!!!!

boschicka

Amazing collection and storage! Thanks for sharing it. I have two questions that hopefully you or anyone wouldn't mind answering.

1) Why do all you MAC lovin' ladies keep the boxes? I'm not judging, I'm genuinely interested. People mostly seem to do it with MAC.

2) How in the world do you post multiple pics next to each other? Any time I try it, they just post beneath the previous pic.

Thank you!

Dominique33

I recently organized all my makeup into an Elfa Platinum Medium 10-Runner Frame storage unit from
The Container Store.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfa/components/elfaDrawersAccessories

I used (6) 1-Runner Mesh baskets and (2) 2-Runner Mesh baskets and added a Driftwood Melamine Top.
I also added drawer organizers to customize my drawers.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?showDS=true&Ns=default&Ntt=drawer+organizers&submit=

My Vanity Mirror is from Vanity Girl Hollywood. (Broadway Mirror in Silver)
http://www.vanitygirlhollywood.com/lighted-vanity-mirrors/broadway-table-top-lighted-vanity-mirror.html

The clear acrylic storage containers are from MUJI. http://www.muji.us/store/storage/acrylic-cases.html
I have (3) 5-Drawer units and (2) 2-Drawer Large Units

One day I will get a proper "vanity-style" desk/counter! But until then, my dresser drawers that store some of my clothes works just fine and conserves space in my "smaller than I'd like" master bedroom. I added a cheap bar chair from Walmart. Didn't want to splurge too much on things I know will be replaced when I finally get around to getting a setup that I LOVE! The Elfa, Mirror, and MUJI Drawers will stay!

I promised all my girlies in the "Low-Buy Thread" (http://www.specktra.net/t/185789/resolution-low-buy-2014-who-wants-to-play) that I would post my organization when I had it all done...
So, here's the "pretty" ugly truth! HeeHee

Great organization and very pretty collection :) but... keep it away from light if possible, light ( and heat ) is so bad for makeup and fragrances. Otherwise, it's
thud.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

Amazing collection and storage! Thanks for sharing it. I have two questions that hopefully you or anyone wouldn't mind answering.

1) Why do all you MAC lovin' ladies keep the boxes? I'm not judging, I'm genuinely interested. People mostly seem to do it with MAC.

2) How in the world do you post multiple pics next to each other? Any time I try it, they just post beneath the previous pic.

Thank you!
Lol, that is true. I mainly keep the boxes of certain items if I may swap it or if it's not used, may give it away as a gift. The LE boxes I keep on a shelf, kinda of decorations
sigh.gif

DILLIGAF

Thank you!
I mainly keep the lipstick boxes. They help the product to fit neatly in my organization and they have the names on top so I can clearly read the names. I keep the boxes from most of my lip products not just MAC. Some of the other products that I do keep the boxes for it's because of storage. It helps some items to "stand up" and its easier to store boxes or box shaped items than other random shapes.

PixieDancer

Great organization and very pretty collection :) but... keep it away from light if possible, light ( and heat ) is so bad for makeup and fragrances. Otherwise, it's
thud.gif
Thanks! Yeah, it's only near light when I turn on my vanity lights to do my makeup. All my fragrances are stored in a cool/dark cabinet. So are my makeup backups that aren't being used.
Thanks for the tip! It's a good reminder!!

boschicka

Thanks so much!

1) I kinda already answered this in this post... but it's mostly for color/name reference. It's a lot easier to find what I'm looking for when I can see the name at a glance. As you can see, I didn't always do that. I found it helpful the bigger my stash grew!
2) As for the pics... I uploaded them and clicked on small view. Once one uploaded, I clicked next to the photo I loaded. Space bar 3x's, then uploaded the next pic. I think if you don't click on the screen where you want the next picture to load, it automatically puts it below. And if you click on medium or large, sometimes the pics are too large to display side by side. HTH
Oops, sorry. I just saw pretty makeup pictures and ignored words. Thanks for explaining it again.

PixieDancer

Oops, sorry. I just saw pretty makeup pictures and ignored words. Thanks for explaining it again.
No... you were good. I had just answered it in the same multi-quote post from another member. That wasn't stated at you like "I already answered this before" I was just telling you that I was repeating myself in my post. Just in case you had read my other responses. You were all good...
thmbup.gif

Starlight77

oooooo it's lovely! what an organized and beautiful collection you have. Do you use all the stuff in boxes or are they still untouched?
i ask because i keep some stuff in boxes if i'm unsure on it but i can't seem to throw my boxes out. i have a ginormous box of boxes in my garage LOL

It's about 50/50. Some stuff I leave in the boxes to remind myself that it hasn't been used. OR to more clearly see what the product is. I used to throw out boxes, but once my stash got so big, I was having a hard time locating my single shadows and individual lipsticks, etc. So, having them in the boxes with the names facing up is like a quick reference guide. I do find it hard to part with LE packaging. So I keep a lot of those boxes too.
I keep them for same reasons or because the limited edition boxes are just pretty. i prefer it. i'm also OCD about them LOL.
I love your collection. i think i want to get a muji drawer now. i'm admiring your set up. wonderful as always !! thank you so much for sharing.

PixieDancer

I keep them for same reasons or because the limited edition boxes are just pretty. i prefer it. i'm also OCD about them LOL.
I love your collection. i think i want to get a muji drawer now. i'm admiring your set up. wonderful as always !! thank you so much for sharing.
I was really surprised how much I like my MUJI drawers! The 5 Drawer model is great for storing lipsticks... as you can see!
You're welcome hun. I always like looking at other people's storage. Gives me some good ideas!

PixieDancer

you are so organized. I love your collection
Thanks! Trust me... this was a LONG time coming! I just had makeup everywhere! 2 Train Cases, a ZUCA bag, boxes under my bed... It was bad! I really NEEDED to get organized! So it was more of a forced necessity! LOL

DMcG9

It's hard to look away from all the pretties. I want to invite myself over for a playdate yet I can see why you wanted to get organized and start the low-buy purge and lifestyle change.

aradhana

Wow I like your setup! I might get some muni drawers as well. I like that they are transparent - it means you can easily see what you have and be reminded as well what you need or don't need!

Latest posts