my demo is tomorrow--i'm ridiculously nervous--some questions!

pinkhandgrenade

HAAAAAY!

Haha. So my demo is tomorrow morning, my pants are hopefully going to be perfectly hemmed and pressed when I pick them up. UHG. My model is gorgeous. And I think my outfit is going to be ok. Black pants, black patent peep toe pumps, black elbow length collard shirt, black halter vest, black and white houndstooth jacket which i'll take off for the demo.

Ok, whatever.

I'm ridiculously nervous because I have wanted this for SOOOOO long.

So, let me get a few things straight:

+sell to your model
+know about the mac aids fund/other programs
+SANITIZE like crazy

what else am I forgetting?

Thanks!

Jot

Can't really help you but wanted to wish you good luck. let us know how it goes and fingers crossed for you

Chrissi Star

Congrats! My demo is tomorrow too!! You're forgetting to exude confidence, and to have fun! I've been studying this site and the MAC site like crazy for the last week and a half! Don't be nervous! You'll do great! Ps, ur outfit sounds super cute!

j_absinthe

A demo on Halloween. Niiiice.

To the author, break many a'limb. Just remember to breathe.

winks.gif

Chrissi Star

Aahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Pinkhandgrenade, ur nervs calmin down any? Could we have it any better?! A demo on halloween!!! What time is yours at? Pm me after urs and let me know how it went!!

pinkhandgrenade

I GOT THROUGH MY DEMO!!!!

However, I did come pretty close to passing out. My model/friend was like, "Don't you DARE pass out."

I had forgotten to sanitize some things, which was ironic because I was the only person in the room to ask for hand sanitizer! But I'm guessing they didn't notice because I was super close to the table and my model--I have short arms and poor vision, haha. Apparently I went totally white. My body temperature dropped and I was shaky! And PS I don't usually get nervous! But this is what I really, really want to do.

So despite not having eaten for about two days her and I went to celebrater with libations. Then I went to class. Drunk and teetering on 5 inch heels.

amoona

Oh u went to the job fair today didn't you? In our Emeryville facilities. My manager was there!

pinkhandgrenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Oh u went to the job fair today didn't you? In our Emeryville facilities. My manager was there!

I did! I was such a trainwreck!

amoona

haha don't trip I was physically shaking at my demo interview haha. My manager was Lydia, she's like an NC43, short black curly hair, really pretty big brown eyes - looks like betty boop haha. Well good luck, when did they say they'll do call backs?

pinkhandgrenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
haha don't trip I was physically shaking at my demo interview haha. My manager was Lydia, she's like an NC43, short black curly hair, really pretty big brown eyes - looks like betty boop haha. Well good luck, when did they say they'll do call backs?

We found out the same day--before we left!

PS, I love Lydia--sso sweet! And totally does look like Betty Boop! PS, are you at Bloomies?

amoona

Yea she's precious isn't she?! She's the only reason I haul myself on BART to work downtown instead of down the street. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon!

Latest posts