My demo was today...(long post)

andicandi3x12

And I rocked it!!!! yay!

(Mods i dunno if there needs to be a merge? feel free though)

So this morning I had my demo in the Georgetown DC store. And yes Homa was there lol!

I woke up at about 8 this morning and started freaking out because I was already running late. So I hopped in the shower did all that stuff and started my hair and then started on my face. Since Homa said my eyes were too heavy I did a pretty light look using painterly paint pot and vanilla e/s, hey it was a variation on beautyallure's pin up look from you tube(thanks girl!).
So I got dressed and hopped in the car to pick up my model. at this point I am freaking out because I am way behind schedule the demo is at 11 it is 945 and raining and we have to use metro... we just missed a train and the next one was 12 min away with a 35 minute ride from the station we were at. I was almost in tears on the train because there was no way I would be on time and I thought thank god I wore flats and brought my heels because we decided to walk from the closest station(15-20 min walk) It was pouring but man I hauled ass we made that walk in 8 min and i stopped beside the store to throw on my heels and walked through the door at 11am on the dot! Homa was upstairs and just waved and said hey! I was so pumped!

There were 3 of us and they lead us upstairs to the 3 stations. Homa went back downstairs and the two trainers (god they were gorgeous) explained what was going to happen. She then assigned us our stations which I was so happy about because the other two ppl had stations right next to each other and mine was waaaay away which was awesome! so they had train cases full of makeup set up and each of us were given a scenario. Mine was my girl was going on a 1st date but didnt wanna look overly made up. I thought OMG sweet! that gave me soooo much flexibility. I dove into shadows but they were all neutral then I saw a quad from balloonacy and grabbed it along with (thank god my HG crease color) folie. grabbed all my prep and prime, viva glam 4 (all they had for lips was viva glam) spice l/l, shy beauty blush, select tint, zoomlash, and select cover up. I was ready! I had brushes that I was very happy with as well which helped tons! I had a 160,129,190,266,217,242,252. She sterilized everything for me and told me what needed to go into the petri dish as well as what needed a spatula. Then I was off. I talked the entire time! I spoke to my model about her date, explained my brushes and their many uses, my model was also asking me lots of questions (love ya syd!) and I just relaxed and felt confident. I did a very light eye using cloudbound, some lavender color from the quad, folie in the crease and cloudbound for highlight. I did brows and face (yay skinfinish in dark!) then her l/s and I came right down to the end lol.

The two othe ppl had the same trainer critique them and she seemed very intimidating and attuned to detail. The guy left looking upset which I noticed cuz he said my shoes were fierce lol, but I wasnt feeling nosey so I wasnt paying much attention. The other trainer came over to me and she was super nice! she had me walk her through it and asked me my strengths and weaknesses I said my lip and eye liner she agreed but said I have a logical thought process and she could see where I was going but I didnt need all the steps I used. She also said I talked alot which was excellent. She asked if I had worked at another makeup company, to which I said Ive worked at starbucks for the past 3 yrs! she said well your passed this part of the process!!!!
yahoo.gif
Homa will call you to schedule your meeting with MRO! I screamed a little then caught myself I was/am so happy right now! I cleaned my station and then we were on our way.

I have to say thank you to a very helpful MA in Bowie who gave me the best advice ever! Keep it simple and you cant go wrong. Thats what I did and hey I guess 1st times the charm for me!

benzito_714

Congratulations on a demo well-done-let us know where you will be positioned and maybe some of us DC metro Specktras can visit.
thmbup.gif

neezer

awww congrats to you!! And a special congrats from you walking that far, what is the closest train station, that's Red Line right?

By the way do you remember any of the trainers..my friend works at the Georgetown store, her name is Remia
smiles.gif
she is super nice!!

andicandi3x12

Got my call from Homa today and I will have to wait. I know about the freeze because of the thread on here so I was expecting the news she gave me, that I am on a hold list. I am just happy that my demo is over and I am on this list lol. I am still excited and I know that good things come to those who wait! I am sure when the positions open up I will get the location that is perfect and meant for me.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicandi3x12
Got my call from Homa today and I will have to wait. I know about the freeze because of the thread on here so I was expecting the news she gave me, that I am on a hold list. I am just happy that my demo is over and I am on this list lol. I am still excited and I know that good things come to those who wait! I am sure when the positions open up I will get the location that is perfect and meant for me.

i know the feeling about having to wait! its totally worth it in the end!
smiles.gif
i hope you hear something soon!