My "Digital Makeup" pieces/Retouches -IMG HEAVY!

gigiopolis

Hey everyone!

I just felt like sharing a couple of photomanips I've done over the years (just a hobby of mine), which I've tentatively called "digital makeup". I was actually inspired by a beauty editorial in a magazine I read once talking about the subject - the entire spread of makeup looks was created digitally through Photoshop! It looked so realistic to me that I decided to give it a try.

I'm not quite sure if this goes here...since it's not truly makeup and all, just a hobby, but I hope it's okay!

#1 Rihanna's makeup --> Emma Watson

I wanted to challenge myself with this one...take a picture of fresh-faced Emma Watson and try to replicate Rihanna's makeup on her! I like how it turned out.

Original Emma Watson (clickable thumbnail):

Rihanna makeup (clickable thumbnail):

End Product:
emmawatsonrihanna2small.jpg

--------------------

#2 Doutzen Kroes - Inspired by actual products

So the idea was to use existing products and their colours to create a makeup look on Doutzen Kroes (model). I couldn't get the finishes to stay true to the actual products, partly cus it's hard to add shimmer finishes, and also partly cus I'm not sure what each product's finish is supposed to be (and was too lazy to check at the time), but I tried!

Original: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6554/do...kroes019by6.jpg

doutzenkroes019retouche.jpg

Eye Shadow:
ricepaperwp9.jpg
Eye Shadow in Ricepaper on the browbone
neutralpinkcr4.jpg
Eye Shadow in Neutral Pink all over the lid
scenefz1.jpg
Eye Shadow in Scene in the crease and a little in the outer part of the lower lid
carbonfm1.jpg
Eye Shadow in Carbon to define the crease
gorgeousgoldfl0.jpg
Eye Shadow in Gorgeous Gold in the inner corner

Eye Liner:
shadeiv6.jpg
Fluidline in Shade on upper and lower lashline
greyutilityxa5.jpg
Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Gray Utility on the waterline

Face:
sincerest3.jpg
Powder Blush in Sincere on the apples of the cheek
belightfulli4.jpg
Iridescent Pressed Powder in Belightful on cheekbones

Lips:
palenv5.jpg
Lip Erase in Pale (Pro)
velvetteddypo5.jpg
Lipstick in Velvet Teddy

--------------------

#3 Toned-down Katherine Heigl

'kay, I'm gonna say it. I HATED her makeup at the 2008 Oscars. Too much bronzer!!! I toned it all down. So maybe this is the opposite of digital makeup...lol!

Before (clickable thumbnail):

allthatgossipcomkatherig.jpg

--------------------

#4 Keira Knightley - Neon winged liner

Just a look I did for fun!

Original (clickable thumbnail):

84177keiradutchessportr.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it!

malaviKat

I love seeing stuff like this. You're very talented. You should look at some of the contests on worth1000.com Maybe one day you'll be in a category!

RedRibbon

I love this, especially the way you show the before and after and also the way you took time to put in swatches of the products.

gigiopolis

^ Thank you! I love showing the before and after. There's been an ongoing debate over retouching pictures in magazines and whatever, so I think it's a really humbling exercise to see what a celebrity originally looks like and what you CAN make them look like. It's just sort of a reality check you know? But apart from that, retouches are super fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I love seeing stuff like this. You're very talented. You should look at some of the contests on worth1000.com Maybe one day you'll be in a category!

Just checked the site out! Omg I don't think I could do well LOL Photoshop masters be on that site! I'll consider it though...when I muster up the courage! And thank you so much.

And thanks everyone else too!

Actually if you have any challenge ideas for me...similar to Emma Watson with Rihanna's makeup or whatever, or if you want me to do something with an unretouched, HQ photo...feel free to post it here! I'd love to get a crack at it.

greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

Wow, you have some serious talent... I might ask you to go back and make me over in high school pictures... what was I thinking!? =/ Haha.

It's also nice to see how much help celebs can get in professional photography because sometimes I'm in serious awe of what looks real in magazines.