my expensive straightner isnt straightening well am I doing it right?

prppygrl69

wow didnt know chi's stopped workin after awhile yeah mine worked good like the first couple times i used it n now my hair is so friggin damaged and yes ion hair dryers rock!

Isis

Hm. Interesting. I've had my CHI for 3 1/2 years and have never had a single issue with it.

so_siqqq

Most of the time the issue is that the Chi flat irons do not evenly distribute heat or it doesn't just stay hot for a period of time.

rubixio

Are you clipping up sections and doing small areas at a time? This is what I do, plus blowdrying/brushing it out beforehand, then using a comb while straightening. If I didnt use a comb, it'd be useless because my hair is pretty much african american hair on a white girl.

I've had my Chi for a year and it still works great. Hope you find something that works for you!

the CHI is a great iron i think maybe u need to get a treamtent to take out the buildup on your hair from old product, or old perm /color.... thats could becauseing the frizz. redken shot treaments for frizz are good too . very very lil parts are important!!! oils on your hair are great but u want to put them on before u dry it. could cause more harm when u go over your hair with the iron . it kinda frys it i use my CHI on my clints all the time it might just need a lil getting use to . a nother good thing is sleek look flat iron spray , just make sure u keep it from your roots and you make sure u run your blow dry over your hair before you put your iron on it .

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixio
Are you clipping up sections and doing small areas at a time? This is what I do, plus blowdrying/brushing it out beforehand, then using a comb while straightening. If I didnt use a comb, it'd be useless because my hair is pretty much african american hair on a white girl.

I second trying this. I do it from the bottom layers up.

Also, my hair gets frizzy when it's too dry. So that coupled with the fact that heat-styling can be very drying...I think going back over the already ironed hair is making things worse.

Split ends can also make hair look frizzy. Get a trim and use some kind of conditioning treatment for your hair. I used Infusium to recover from a perm disaster. And now they have a heat-activated leave-in, sounds like something that might help you.

Pushpa

mmm i looks more like u need to deep condition...i know a lot of my south asian frends (thai, laos and viet) along with lots of my indian friends have this type of hair u need to straighten small sections and deep condition ur hair once a week at leat it will get better

MAC_Pixie04

i have a chi and i blowdry using a ceramic blowdryer and a comb. I worship Biosilk silk therapy and Biosilk Silk Strate. They're wonderful.
Make sure you're using very small sections, start at the root but not too close to the scalp. Also, try Ion straightening spray. It helps a lot. Its a little oily so spray one spray about 10 inches away from each section you're straightening. It helps a lot. But don't spray too much or too close to the scalp, otherwise the steam when the flatiron hits it will burn. Hope that helps.

Gabriella

I would recommend getting a trim (one to two inches) It looks like you have some damaged/dead hair on the ends. Second always use a heat protectant. (I like the CHI silk and biosilk Silk Therapy) Section you hair and start at the bottem. Put the protectant on the entire section and them flat iron. Move the iron slowly over each individual part, and then at the end after doing all your hair put some more silk therapy on you hair. This should take care of your frizz. I have had my chi for a while now and I still love it. Most Chi irons have a one year warranty also. If you iron is defective Farouk should replace it.

user3

I didn't read through the other comments but you should try Redken Heat glide. I also rec their OutShine anti-frizz polishing milk. For extra shine and tame finish off with a spray of Vinyl Glam mega shine spray.

You should also try their Smooth Down shampoo and conditioner. Great stuff!

stephaboo

I use biosilk on my wet hair then blowdry. The I use matrix sleek look hair protector, brush my hair and use my Chi iron and my hair comes out very straight and soft. My hair is natrually curly to begin with and this routine works for me.