my eyebrows are totally FAKE...help!

hunnybun

girls out there with fabulous brows -- i desperately need help. i have black hair and black eyes, but my eyebrows are so light and so fine and so sparse that they are practically non-existent.

so far, the best product i've found is brow-zings by benefit (pretty similar to brow shader by MAC) -- but i still have super fake looking geisha eyebrows. and this is the super embarassing part, i can never manage to draw them perfectly even, which is why i've always worn bangs to hide the ickiness!!! it's a mess, i know.

help a girl out. any recs for a more realistic look? thanks in advance!!

Amaranth

Well I have naturally bushy eyebrows, so I can't say I've ever had that problem. I did, however, have a friend who had almost no eyebrows whatsoever. You know those eyebrow stencil dealies that some companies (like Lise Watier) make to help people pluck their eyebrows? She used one of those every day to make sure the shape was consistent. She also used a very finely sharpened eyebrow pencil to draw little lines inside the stencil. So that way, her eyebrows looked more like hairs than just drawn-on blobby things. They looked pretty good! You could only really tell they were drawn on when you were up super close, but even then, they still looked good. Good luck!

urbanlilyfairy

I use MAC brow shader and the mac automatic brow pencil in stud ...I have thin eyebrows ...and like half eyebrows from over pluckage haha ... so like a thicker stump and almost no tail to them ...so i fill in the ends with pencil ..What i do is kind of sord of lightly feather the shape onto my face if that makes sense. i start at the fullest part very lightly feather buff color on and as i get to the tail of my brows i put a tad bit more pressure to make the shape. Then I use a brow brush and brush the few hairs I have ..in my eyes it softens the pencil but i dunno if it really does ...I normally can't tell ..but I do it out of habit..then I fill in lightly with powder and then brush through again hehe.. ANd I have always gotten compliments on my brows for my FOTD"S..which is weird because my whole life I thought I had no brows. but apparently peeps think they look nice ..who'd a thunk.

anyway there a few brow tutorials in the tut How To section ..here is the one I used to teach me a bit ..made by a girl (mrzreyes) who I think has great brows ! http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=69963.

practice practice practice ....until u feel they look right. =0)

good luck hun.

kimmy

you can always dye your brows to add some darker colour to them and then use a brow shader or powder to further define them.
winks.gif

MisaMayah

My eyebrows are also very sparse and light!! I have dark hair too. I think the most natural way to do 'drawn' brows is with a brown eyeshadow and and angled brush like the #266.

I also discovered Mac's eyebrows pencil in Lingering which I now prefer. Use soft strokes to fill in the gaps and light brush it after if it looks too heavy.

I guess only practice will get you to perfect doing your brows. I first follow the top line of my brow then draw a line down the inner corner of my brow how thick I want them and slowly draw them in with small light strokes getting thinner at the end. Try to follow your natural pattern as much as poss.

good luck =)

makeupxlover

i've been through ups and downs with eyebrows, i even shaved them! but that was years ago, i've learned so much. well, do you trim them? can you show us a picture so well help you? i use corquette MAC eyshadow as my eyebrow filler

jennzy

hey!
i would recommend browzing.
i have sparse brows. very sparse...

like u mentioned,i also found browzing is hard to use. for the first few months i looked like a girl who once had uni brow but got the middle waxed off.
first thing u should do is buy the benefit or any company u prefer's hard angle brush that should make it a lot easier.
and what i love about benefit is that u can take it in and they'll give u a tutorial on how to apply it. and they'll do one half and u can do the other half. i remember my girl made me practice infront of her until it didn't look like a former unibrow. that's one thing i love about benefit they teach u how to apply their products.

banjobama

My eyebrows are all over my face but the hairs are pretty thin. I usually wax them and fill them in with a cheapo Wet n Wild pencil. Haha. The pencil works ok for me, because Benefit Browzings weren't dark enough, IMO.

My best tip is just don't rush the job or try to draw anything really shocking or unnatural.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
you can always dye your brows to add some darker colour to them and then use a brow shader or powder to further define them.
winks.gif

this is my suggestion as well

Latest posts