My eyelashes

christina83

Hi all,
wavey.gif
Im new here and abit nervous about posting this,but i would really appreciate your advice
smiles.gif

Umm well this might sound weird, but my eyelashes, no matter how much I curl them with an eyelash curler they always go flat and straight as soon as i apply mascara.Id love to have eyelashes that look noticable with a cute curl,but im not having any luck.
Iv used heated eyelash curlers, blasted my eyelash curler with a hairdryer and everything
ssad.gif

Also my eyelashes are very fine,lol, i have such stupid eyes.
Anyway if anyone could give me some advice, that would be great
smiles.gif
)

karen

Welcome
smiles.gif

Try using a crescent shaped mascara wand to apply(or choose mascaras that come with this particular wand).
Those wands are specifically made to hold curl in fine lashes and lashes that have trouble staying curled.
Unfortunately, they're hard to find and I don't know any brands offhand. I'll do a google search and see if I can come up with anything.

christina83

hey, thanx for the help karen
smiles.gif
i really appreciate it.
iv wasted so much money on damn mascaras that dont work on me.
I think i do have an old crescent shaped wand somewhere (I think it was maxfactor or something),I could clean that and use it with another mascara.
My eyelashes always bend back into my eye after iv applied mascara too, its so weird.I always use eyelash curlers as well. Other people i know dont even use eyelash curlers and even their eyelashes have a better curl in them,lol.

BlahWah

I've got really fine lashes and find that only waterproof will keep my curl b/c it dries faster. I even wanted to try Maybelline's Unstoppable (b/c even w/ waterproof I can get the good ol' raccoon eyes by the end of the day), but those straightened my curl as I applied - the horror! Anything with a primer doesn't do well for me either, which really bites! I really like Maybelline's Full 'n' Soft for a natural look, Volum'Express for more drama (whatever drama can happen w/ 5 lashes for each eye, *lol*).

I haven't tried any MAC ones outside of makeovers, but what they do is actually take the time to hold up my lashes at the ends w/ the wand to help them curl. I find, tho, I end up with clumps galore or sticks coming out of my eyes instead of lashes (i.e. really unnatural). If your lashes aren't as sparse as mine tho this technique might work for you!

Last bit: I haven't tried any h/e mascaras, so if you can, try out the ones Karen suggested for both of us. =P HTH!

christina83

Coool. I'll try out some of the advice you gave me there,thanx
smiles.gif

Im living in the UK, so if i find some of those mascaras I'll try them out and let you know
smiles.gif

My lashes have been driving me mad for ages now and i have overly sensitive eyes, which makes matters worse, lol.