My Favorite Quote

xphoenix06

Hey every one.. Lately I've been feeling really blue, my doctor told me I have post-pardum depression. I just had a baby about 2 1/2 weeks ago. For some reason I feel like I'm a failure, disappointment to everyone I know. Reading this quote makes me feel alittle better. So I just wanted to share this w/ everyone. Even before I got depressed, I've always like this quote.

1113321272_Quote.jpg

Anyone have a quote or saying that they really like or just want to share?

Dahlia_Rayn

I'm a quote junkie...
I love all sorts of quotes...
My fave at the moment is kinda a love quote...

"I know how much you need me, it's mirrored in my need for you."

I hope that you feel well soon, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor! Lots of hugs to you and the little one. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

xphoenix06

Thankyou, you're very nice ^^ I love the quote you posted, I'm definitely going to share it with my husband. ^^

M.A.C. head.

I've been there honey
greengrin.gif
My daughter is 18 months and I'm still not over my PPD :/

I'm still thinking of a good quote for you, so I'll have to come back with it.

In the mean time: It does get better, and if it becomes too much, please ask your doctor for help. Every time those feelings start rushing you, just pick up your baby and look at the beautiful life you've created and anticipate the loving bond you will form.

xphoenix06

Thankyou, hopefully it will get better, everytime I get those feelings I do that but when I can't do that I think about my little one and just how much I love her and how precious she is.

*KT*

A few of my favorites:

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. - James Dean

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - unknown

emeraldjewels

I hope you feel better.

My favourite quote is actually from Dolly Parton

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta take the rain"

I really inspires me when I feel like i'm having a bit of a rough time.

Lapis

I hope you feel better soon, and you find treatment that works for you.
I've been there it almost broke my family apart because I didn't get help for over a year, now I'm on meds, have a therapist and much happier

I like Sherrilyn Kenyon's books and I love this quote from one of her characters
"The strongest steel is forged by the fires of hell. (Savitar)"

couturesista

"Most of the shadows of this life are caused by us standing in our own sunshine" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"This battle is not urs"( my gospel and religious heads know what I'm talking about) Yolanda Adams

"Everything happens for a reason" unknown ( mostly my momma though)

" It is what it is" ( unknown, but I say it everyday)

I know this one is random but it has been very true in my life......

" Go ahead switch ur style up, if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up" 50 Cent, I had to really feel this one when it came to me achieving my goals.

mtrimier

i have a couple. I used to dance Flamenco, and this was one of my favorite letras from an alegría:

Que el sentio me lo quitas
cuando te veo en la calle
que el sentio me lo quitas
y no paro de mirarte.

Roughly it translates to "all sense leaves me when I see you in the street, sense leaves me and I can't stop looking at you."
[Don't hold me to that translation, though. It's been years since I have translated anything.]

i also like this YSL quote:

“The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven’t had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there.” -Yves Saint Laurent, 1983

those were the 'happiest' quotes i had. hope you feel better and never lack support.

kristakamikaze

Here's some from one of my fave books.
Theyre a bit cheesy, but oh well!

"I can't live ina world where you don't exist"

"Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk."

" Look after my heart, I've left it with you."

"

So what you’re saying is, I’m your brand of heroin?

Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."

User93

I've been collecting some quotes which just seemed right for me, helped me a lot, cheered me up. Not all are qutes actually, some are just expressions, but i'd be glad to share.

1) He who laughs last laughs the best (love it.. its just true)

2) Hope for the Best, prepare for the worst

3) The darkest hours are before the dawn

4) If You're afraid of wolves, don't go into the forest

5) If you can make it through the night, there's a brighter day (whoever said it 1st.. i got it from 2Pac's song)

6) My mind is a 9 my 3rd eye an extra clip (Cormega damn itt!)

7) Never give up! Only losers quit (D Trump)

8) Risk is not good or bad. It's part of the game (from a business administration book)

9)Also i love people saying "If you're not starving or deadly ill, you dont have problems AT ALL"

10)Find a way or make one

11) The world is yours (Scarface)

12) If there is a will, there is a way

13) Sometimes you gotta give up a battle to win the war

14) You can always give up.. So why give up now?

15) Unpredictable means invincible

xbuttonsx

Mine is a bible verse my mom e-mailed to me when I was having a difficult time with my work situation:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (11) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Bernadette

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"

"I'm standing on the edge of me. I'm standing on the edge of everything I've never been before." - From the Switchfoot song "On Fire"

"The tension is here, between who you are and who you could be.
Between how it is and how it should be." - Switchfoot "Dare You to move"

"You fondle my trigger then, you blame my gun." - Fiona Apple "Limp"

"Be kind to me, or treat me mean. I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine." Fiona Apple "Extraordianry Machine"

"It is what it is." Like couturesista, I find myself saying that all of the time.

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in two eyes for an eye."

kristakamikaze - I am beyond in love with the Twilight books, I'm in the middle of "Eclipse" right now
bigheart.gif
. Here is a quote that you'll get, my friend saw it on an avatar "I like my men cold, dead and sparkling." haha.

Chikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristakamikaze
Here's some from one of my fave books.
Theyre a bit cheesy, but oh well!

"I can't live ina world where you don't exist"

"Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk."

" Look after my heart, I've left it with you."

"

So what you’re saying is, I’m your brand of heroin?

Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."

A 'Twilight' fan, hm?
smiles.gif

kristakamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette

kristakamikaze - I am beyond in love with the Twilight books, I'm in the middle of "Eclipse" right now
bigheart.gif
. Here is a quote that you'll get, my friend saw it on an avatar "I like my men cold, dead and sparkling." haha.

Haha, That's great!
I'm on my third time thru reading the books.
i believe they should make a Twilighers Anon. group

TISH1124

I hope you get better soon...below are are few of my favorite quotes that my husband had put in a frame and I kept on my desk at work everyday for inspiration.

Not sure if they have been mentioned before...But I love them!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~ Michael Jordan

"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down."
~ Mary Pickford

"There is no failure except in no longer trying. "
~ Elbert Hubbard

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely."
~ Henry Ford

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
~ Thomas Alva Edison

Shaquille

I don't have much but I only remember one too
tong.gif

"Confidence is the best accessory" - Lauren Conrad

Latest posts