My first Back to Mac, what shall I get??

IHughes

Yay!
I've got six products to take to Back 2 Mac, I'm not sure what to get!! Here in Spain I think we can only choose lipsticks so I'll have to choose a perm one, and as there's only one store 1 hour away I need several options in case they haven't got some in stock.
These are my lipsticks:

Nudes and light pinks:
- Angel
- Modesty
- Hue
- Dreaminess
- Lady Gaga 1 (LE)
- Flamingo (LE)
- By Design (LE)
- Smash Hit (LE)

Coral and oranges:
- Razzledazzler (LE)
- Ravishing
- Fashion City

Brights:
- Chatterbox
- Girl About Town
- All Fired Up
- Candy Yum Yum, Violetta (Antonio Lopez palette)
- Lady At Play

Reds:
- Everyday Diva
- Riri Woo
- Moxie (Antonio Lopez palette)

Darks:
- Sweet Succulence
- Perennial Rose (Pro Long Wear lip color)

I called the store to ask about the retromattes but they only have Dangerous, Relentlessly Red and perhaps Fixed on Drama.
What suggestions have you guys got? Thankkkkks!!!!!!!

tirurit

Looks like you have the nudes and pinks pretty well covered and also the brights. What about a coral or a red? Would you use them a lot if you get one?

IHughes

I'm still lacking a bit of confidence with reds. Riri Woo was one of the first I bought and I thought it aged me so I've only worn it once. Now I've got used to wearing Everyday Diva which is a bright mineralized red. As it's similar to a lustre and juicier looking I got used to wearing it in the summer. What red or coral would you suggest?

tirurit

What red or coral would you suggest?
That is a difficult question as I love reds and have over 20 of them! My next objective is to expand the corals as I only have one. Sorry that I am not very helpful here :X

What is it that you didn't feel suited you from Riri Woo? Perhaps if you identify that you can go totally opposite?!

IHughes

That is a difficult question as I love reds and have over 20 of them! My next objective is to expand the corals as I only have one. Sorry that I am not very helpful here :X What is it that you didn't feel suited you from Riri Woo? Perhaps if you identify that you can go totally opposite?!
That's a good idea! Well I think I have to give it a second chance now that I'm getting more used to wearing colourful lippies. I had never worn a lipstick until March this year!! I think I didn't like the combination of the dry texture of the retromatte that enhances lip lines, I don't have large lips so I got the impression it aged me!

tirurit

I think I didn't like the combination of the dry texture of the retromatte that enhances lip lines, I don't have large lips so I got the impression it aged me!
Then it sounds like you are on the rick track with Everyday Diva! Perhaps trying another mineralize lipstick? They have corals, and berries which could be nice or a sheen supreme?

IHughes

Can you get a mineralized lippie with back 2 mac?? I thought you wouldn't be able to as they're more expensive. I have Lady at Play which is a coral mineralized lippie, I love it! I only have one sheen supreme (Fashion city) but I have a problem with creamy formulas, they leave a gunky line where the lips meet when I speak a lot. If I wanted a different red what would you suggest?

tirurit

Oh damn, hadn't thought about that with the mineralized ones >.<

What about Brave Red or So Chaud? They are more luminous reds

IHughes

I see that So Chaud is similar to Lady Danger. If I wanted an Orange toned red which would you suggest: Lasy Danger, So Chaud or the new retro matte Dangerous?

tirurit

I see that So Chaud is similar to Lady Danger. If I wanted an Orange toned red which would you suggest: Lasy Danger, So Chaud or the new retro matte Dangerous?
I don't have Lady Danger, so I can't really compare. Perhaps you could try the different textures and see which one you like best

mosha010

I got all three of these and they're not the same! Lady danger is brighter and te texture is easier to work with. So chaud COULD be very similar to dangerous but dangerous has better texture. So chaud is very dry although an amazing color. It's very very matte and redder where I think dangerous is orangier. Depending on your skin tone the color would shift a lil. Lady danger is LOUD FUN Bright and to me a must have.

IHughes

I'll be going on Thursday so I'll check out Lady Danger, Dangerous and So Chaud and I'll also have a look at Brave Red as you've suggested.

What about Rebel, it's a completely different colour but it might be nice for fall/winter

IHughes

Well, I'm back from going to my nearest MAC store (1 hour away!) and I was able to Back 2 Mac. The girl was surprised I even took the boxes, lol!
I was the only one at the stand so I was very lucky to have the help of one of the nice MUA (they're all lovely!). Unfortunately they didn't have almost ANY of the ones we've mentioned in this post! They had run out of: Lady Danger, So Chaud, Brave Red, Rebel, all the retromattes except Dangerous and Relentlessly Red.

I tried on four lipsticks:
- Dangerous
- Chili
- Diva
- Hang Up.

I Back 2 Mac'ed for Dangerous, although I loved them all on me, lol! As I didn't have many reds and definitely no orange toned reds I got Dangerous, I'll post a pic when I use it. I'm wearing Hang Up as it's the last one I tried and I left the stand with it on!

tirurit

Well, I'm back from going to my nearest MAC store (1 hour away!) and I was able to Back 2 Mac. The girl was surprised I even took the boxes, lol!
I was the only one at the stand so I was very lucky to have the help of one of the nice MUA (they're all lovely!). Unfortunately they didn't have almost ANY of the ones we've mentioned in this post! They had run out of: Lady Danger, So Chaud, Brave Red, Rebel, all the retromattes except Dangerous and Relentlessly Red.

I tried on four lipsticks:
- Dangerous
- Chili
- Diva
- Hang Up.

I Back 2 Mac'ed for Dangerous, although I loved them all on me, lol! As I didn't have many reds and definitely no orange toned reds I got Dangerous, I'll post a pic when I use it. I'm wearing Hang Up as it's the last one I tried and I left the stand with it on!
Nice!!

Dangerous is very similar both to Lady Danger and Scarlet Ibis, and the three are gorgeous colours, so congrats!!

IHughes

I'm loving Dangerous! It really makes my eyes stand out and I love the retro matte formula as it doesn't budge!
5edb07a4_image.jpeg

Latest posts