My first day at MAC

User67

Tomorrow is my first day at MAC & I am sooooo exctied! I had a few questions though, that I don't want to ask on my first day. So, I figured I could ask them here ; )

1. Do we get paid weekly or bi-weekly? I'm only asking because I wasn't aware of how long the paperwork with MAC can take a while & I quit my previous job too fast & have been out of work for almost 4 weeks & I really need to know when I might be getting my first check.

2. How long dow it take for gratis to come? I ordered a lot of things that I use one a daily basis like foundation, powder, mascara etc. & my stuff is getting pretty low & I'm wondering if it will come soon or if I will have to invest in some before then.

3. What is basic training like? I go to that on Thursday.

Thanks so much ladies!

amoona

1. Weekly, Fridays. You might have to hold out a while depending on your paperwork.

2. Gratis only comes with new collections. The only thing I can think of ordering is EMS and don't expect that anytime soon. It takes FOREVER to get here.

3. Basic is off the hook!

User67

1. Weekly, Fridays. You might have to hold out a while depending on your paperwork.

OMG, I hope not! I'm totally broke & my daughter's 1st birthday is next Sunday. I'm crossing my fingers for no hold up.

Katura

I doubt that you wont get paid on friday. As long as you get your hours reported correctly all should be well.

dmenchi

congrats
smiles.gif

CaliArtist

Congrats
smiles.gif
i start my prescriptives job tomorrow... i was wonding about the 1 and 2 questions too...im starting custom blending class tomorrow yeeah... but hope yours goes well
smiles.gif
and congras again....
p.s do you work at the store or the counter...if counter which dept store?

FacesbyNiki

Congrats.

You have to give your paperwork time to really go through and that takes about 2 weeks on any job.

Basic is fun! You'll learn so much!!
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Oh yeah and never order stuff you need with your EMS. Man, you will wait forever!!!!!
lol.gif

And like someone else said, gratis is only for the new collections. Just use your discount to get your stuff.

User67

First off thanks so, so much for all the info! I really appreciate it! Also thanks to everyone for all the well wishes! My first day went well, I had some really nice customers & some really crazy ones. But, I know that is part of the job. All the other MA I met were all so nice! I think I am really going to enjoy this job & I can't wait for basic training tomorrow! :woohoo:

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
First off thanks so, so much for all the info! I really appreciate it! Also thanks to everyone for all the well wishes! My first day went well, I had some really nice customers & some really crazy ones. But, I know that is part of the job. All the other MA I met were all so nice! I think I am really going to enjoy this job & I can't wait for basic training tomorrow! :woohoo:

That's great hun!
cheerleader.gif

Just remember the closer it gets to the holiday more crazies come out.
lol.gif

You are truely going to love and have fun on this job. But remember, it is retail and numbers do count.