My first ever Mac Purchases!! Worth it or not?

I have been hearing so much about Mac that I finally gave in and bought a few things.
My first Mac lipsticks were Cosmo (Amplified) and Crosswires (Cremesheen).
Also bought a fifteen palette and three refills in All that glitters, Humid and Cranberry.
What I feel after using them for a few days is:
They are over-hyped!!
The lipsticks feel drying after sometime and wear off unevenly after a couple of hours. The eyeshadow colors are beautiful but ATG and Humid need at least 2-3 swipes for them to show up!! Is it just me or does someone have the same problem with them?
Here are the Swatches in different lightings:
Top to bottom: Cranberry, Humid, All That Glitters

Left to Right: Cosmo, Crosswires

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I think those are great picks. I have and love Cosmo and Crosswires! I don't find them drying at all, but some people find Cremesheens (and Lustres) a little drying, so I guess YMMV.

What brush do you use to apply the eyeshadows? Do you use a base or primer?

I generally use my fingers for the lid area and Elf contour brush for the crease.
I use Sedona Lace Stick It To 'Em Eye Shadow Primer.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Try patting them on with a flat eye-shading brush like the MAC 239. I believe ELF has something similar.

CaseyC

Ok so here's my story I was that 13yr old boy who was fascinated with makeup whenever my parents would take me to the mall Id go straight to te mac counter inside the nordstrom. I was so fascinated with these artist and I would just watch them for hours and they were so nice and they would show me all the tips and tricks and my first purchase was a 187 brush and then shortly after I got a palette with chrome yellow, freshwater, and red brick ( what I thought I'd do with those colors I'll never know) but that's the stepping stones to where my collection and addiction has taken me

Latest posts