My First Face Chart Attempts!!

peek_a_b0o

Hey there!! I'm not sure if this is in the right area (Mods feel free to migrate at your will)

**YAY** I printed face charts @ Home (On regular paper **SO hard) and thought what the hay!!

>.< It is obvious which one was my first attempt???

(Left is first attempt Right is second attempt)
DSC02858.jpg

**NOTE Look #2 theres a smudge by her lip because Im a clutz and im always droppin my brushes and the brush I dropped was when I was doing her brows :p

Look # 1 I used
Pearl CCB (Dont use this *hehe I thought that it would help with blending)
Swimming
Juxt
Olive Green
Humid
Espresso​

(I know, I know..the colors look like one big mud puddle >,< )​

Look #2 I used​

Lancome (Nope didnt use Mac...Didnt want to waste after I saw my first look)​

Creme Lustre
Nutmeg
Mochachinno
Backstage Pass​

Mac
Carbon
Expresso​

Cheeks
Mac
Peechy Keen
Sculpt and Shape in Shadester and Light Sweep​

Lips
Estee Lauder
Beige​

Hope y'all enjoyed!! Hehee
yes.gif

amoona

so thats like 100x better then the face charts i make and i've been with mac for a year lol

peek_a_b0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
so thats like 100x better then the face charts i make and i've been with mac for a year lol

Oh my gosh Thank you! They are so difficult arent they?? You have to get them perfectly even!! Urgh..The second one took me forever!! Hehe

fondasaurusrex

Wow ! Those are so amazing for your first time doing a face chart
smiles.gif
I loveeee the one on the right . And you can turn the smudge into a beauty mark . lol only if you want

Ayustar

I feel like a n00b but I was wondering this, when you do the face chart, how do you do it? Like what do you use to color? It might be a stupid or obvious question, but I was curious.

Looks good by the way!

peek_a_b0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayustar
I feel like a n00b but I was wondering this, when you do the face chart, how do you do it? Like what do you use to color? It might be a stupid or obvious question, but I was curious.

Looks good by the way!

Hey there!!

Acutually I use actual makeup! Hehe. On the first chart, I made the mistake by using a creme color base thinking that it would help with the blending..Wrong!! Yeah so the best way to get the color is to use stiff dense brushes like the 242 and you have to blend blend blend like theres no tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the great comments!!

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by peek_a_b0o
Hey there!!

Acutually I use actual makeup! Hehe. On the first chart, I made the mistake by using a creme color base thinking that it would help with the blending..Wrong!! Yeah so the best way to get the color is to use stiff dense brushes like the 242 and you have to blend blend blend like theres no tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the great comments!!

Thank you so much for the prompt reply! I was wondering about this with my boyfriend last night, actually. I was going to ask but felt kinda dumb! But then you posted this so I HAD to ask lol.

What about doing the color on the lips? Is that any different or?

Do you have to work at MAC to get the blank face charts or? I kinda wanna get a couple just to mess around with. I love creating new looks, I just gotta get a camera to take pictures lol. ****edit, I just notices you said you printed them out! That is a good idea too. I kinda want that textured paper that they are on when you go to MAC, but I think that is just watercolor paper.

Thanks for your help!

peek_a_b0o

Quote:
Thank you so much for the prompt reply! I was wondering about this with my boyfriend last night, actually. I was going to ask but felt kinda dumb! But then you posted this so I HAD to ask lol.

What about doing the color on the lips? Is that any different or?

Do you have to work at MAC to get the blank face charts or? I kinda wanna get a couple just to mess around with. I love creating new looks, I just gotta get a camera to take pictures lol. ****edit, I just notices you said you printed them out! That is a good idea too. I kinda want that textured paper that they are on when you go to MAC, but I think that is just watercolor paper.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Again!!

Dont feel dumb! Everyone here at Specktra are uber sweet and very helpful!! With the lips its not a good idea to draw the lip liner on from the pencil, same goes with the eye liner. Take a brush (I an angled brush thats dense like the 266 brush then get some of the liner on there and start lightly.. you can always add but never take away!! And same goes with the lip stick.Apply it with a brush.

For the paper.. I actually have one blank face chart from M.A.C the MA gave it to me. Im a dork and didnt want to ruin it before I practiced first..So I printed them out on regular paper!! Haha (Didnt have time to stop by and buy water color paper >.< ) But ask an MA @ M.A.C!! They're usually really nice about it. One MA actually is ordering me a pac and also placing my name on hold for a Traincase, Because they sold the last one to a girl that came like 20 minutes bafore me
ssad.gif

macfacechart.jpg

You can save it to a magic stick (memory stick, CD, Floppy Disk Ect.) and Buy the paper you like and maybe bring it into kinkos... That would be cool if they could find a way to make the text clearer.. I dunno...

Glad to help you Darlin' !!
tong.gif

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by peek_a_b0o
Hey Again!!

Dont feel dumb! Everyone here at Specktra are uber sweet and very helpful!! With the lips its not a good idea to draw the lip liner on from the pencil, same goes with the eye liner. Take a brush (I an angled brush thats dense like the 266 brush then get some of the liner on there and start lightly.. you can always add but never take away!! And same goes with the lip stick.Apply it with a brush.

For the paper.. I actually have one blank face chart from M.A.C the MA gave it to me. Im a dork and didnt want to ruin it before I practiced first..So I printed them out on regular paper!! Haha (Didnt have time to stop by and buy water color paper >.< ) But ask an MA @ M.A.C!! They're usually really nice about it. One MA actually is ordering me a pac and also placing my name on hold for a Traincase, Because they sold the last one to a girl that came like 20 minutes bafore me
ssad.gif

You can save it to a magic stick (memory stick, CD, Floppy Disk Ect.) and Buy the paper you like and maybe bring it into kinkos... That would be cool if they could find a way to make the text clearer.. I dunno...

Glad to help you Darlin' !!
tong.gif

Thank you so much again!

I could also use that image in Photoshop as well. Actually, I bet my boyfriend would like to do that. That sounds strange but he is kind of a Photoshop guru so I would be like "Do a face chart!"

I just didn't know if they gave them away. I figured they would, but I just never asked. I love the MA's at my counter! They are really, really nice. It always makes me sad when people have horror stories of MA's. The MAC counter I go to regularly has the BEST MA's. I love them so much, every one of them. One always seems to have treats for me haha. Either way!

Again, thank you. I should give this a try, just print it out regularly, I mean I have never done a face chart so printing it on regular paper is a smart place to start anyways, I don't know how it would turn out!

Yeah, you are right, everyone here is super nice. I haven't seen any flame wars on here hahah. I am more of a lurker, I just need to get a camera and then I can actually start posting my work!

Yeah, I am totally going to do some face charts, haha, you inspired me!

msaesthetic

You did a beautiful job on both, but i especially like the one on the right. It looks like you have an amazing attention to detail.

peek_a_b0o

Quote:
Thank you so much again!

I could also use that image in Photoshop as well. Actually, I bet my boyfriend would like to do that. That sounds strange but he is kind of a Photoshop guru so I would be like "Do a face chart!"

I just didn't know if they gave them away. I figured they would, but I just never asked. I love the MA's at my counter! They are really, really nice. It always makes me sad when people have horror stories of MA's. The MAC counter I go to regularly has the BEST MA's. I love them so much, every one of them. One always seems to have treats for me haha. Either way!

Again, thank you. I should give this a try, just print it out regularly, I mean I have never done a face chart so printing it on regular paper is a smart place to start anyways, I don't know how it would turn out!

Yeah, you are right, everyone here is super nice. I haven't seen any flame wars on here hahah. I am more of a lurker, I just need to get a camera and then I can actually start posting my work!

Yeah, I am totally going to do some face charts, haha, you inspired me!

Yay! Im so happy that Ive inspired you!! I really love everyone here at specktra and I just joined too.. Love you all!! Hehee Its great to find a whole world of people that are so willing to help and give constructive criticism...<3