My first FOTD (here) - Playing with Paint Pots

styrch

I did this fast, sort of playing around tonight. I know it's not up to the usual standard here as far as gorgeousness goes, but I haven't seen the Paint Pots get a lot of play so I thought I would post.

My camera's crappy and I'm breaking out so please forgive me.

Here's what I used (all MAC):

Eyes:
Rubenesque paint pot
Artifact paint pot
Magic dust
Blacktrack
Black Tied (tiny bit over the blacktrack)
Mascara X

Face:
Studio Fix Fluid NC15
Shimpagne MSF
Northern Lights MSF

Lips:
Mother Pearl Creamstick Liner
Eden Rocks l/s
Love Nectar l/g

733105.JPG

733104.JPG

Azuresyren

Whee! ^_^ I remember thee from MUA! I went loopy when I first saw these images.. I am so stuck on that Rubenesque. I like how the colours you used on your face, echo the delicious melted tones & highlights of your hair. :] V.purdy!

xXx.

SparklingWaves

I got one paint pot and I love it. It's just the plain one like Bare Canvas. I was eying up that mint green one. Choices - Choices. hee hee

Wow, you have brilliant eyes. Have fun with those paint pots. Those colors look fantastic on you.

YvetteJeannine

Whoa! Those are so pretty, and they DO make your eyes look gorgeous! Thanks for posting this; I really wanted to see IRL what the colors look like...I already bought one (Indianwood), but I didn't look very well at any of the others since I went into Nordies knowing exactly which one I wanted, and the M.A. just plucked it out for me...I do want to get a few more of them (LOVE Indianwood), and the MAC site doesn't give the most accurate swatches. Now I know I want Arifact AND Rubenesque...and another..maybe the charcol black one...So many great colors to choose from
winks.gif
These are really pretty. You look great!

styrch

Thanks everyone! Your comments are all wonderful to read.

I'm still trying to figure out the eyeliner. I want to learn to do a great cat eye. I used to be able to do one really well in high school, but I think as I've gained weight my facial features have changed a bit, my eyes are a bit deeper, etc. If anyone has any tips on how I might be able to get a cat eye to work with the shape of my eye I'd love to have them.

Thanks again.
smiles.gif

Triskele

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
Thanks everyone! Your comments are all wonderful to read.

I'm still trying to figure out the eyeliner. I want to learn to do a great cat eye. I used to be able to do one really well in high school, but I think as I've gained weight my facial features have changed a bit, my eyes are a bit deeper, etc. If anyone has any tips on how I might be able to get a cat eye to work with the shape of my eye I'd love to have them.

Thanks again.
smiles.gif

Well, here's just my 2 cents, since you asked...

Since your eyes are both very round and rather deep set, I would definitely err on the side of thin and shorten the wing; see how that goes for you. Also, especially under the eyes, use a light color (peach, gold, or white if you're brave or going somewhere with funky lights) to highlight the inner corners, and go easy on the liner- you may want to try lining just the lower waterline if you're brave/like doing that/can do that. Any somewhat dark/thick liner on the lower lashline will just highlight how deep-set your eyes are, and might look like dark shadows.

HOWEVER: the colors are lovely, and they really do make your color pop! So don't take this as "OMG you suck!" because you don't XD

Pei

Lovely colours used =)

However, u might wanna to reduce the thickness of the lower lashline e/s.

The "overcast" makes u look tired.

styrch

Quote:
Well, here's just my 2 cents, since you asked...

Since your eyes are both very round and rather deep set, I would definitely err on the side of thin and shorten the wing; see how that goes for you. Also, especially under the eyes, use a light color (peach, gold, or white if you're brave or going somewhere with funky lights) to highlight the inner corners, and go easy on the liner- you may want to try lining just the lower waterline if you're brave/like doing that/can do that. Any somewhat dark/thick liner on the lower lashline will just highlight how deep-set your eyes are, and might look like dark shadows.

HOWEVER: the colors are lovely, and they really do make your color pop! So don't take this as "OMG you suck!" because you don't XD

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that. I've had difficulty in the past with the waterline, which I usually chalk up to wearing contact lenses but I'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Lovely colours used =)

However, u might wanna to reduce the thickness of the lower lashline e/s.

The "overcast" makes u look tired.

LOL I *was* tired! But yes, I do need to do something about that. I'm starting to get that over-weight near-30 year old "I work too much" look with the bags under my eyes. I usually don't line my lower lashes because I have a tendency to really REALLY screw it up. But I think if I take this incombination with the other tip, if I pay more attention to highlighting areas around my eye rather than just shadow, maybe it'll come off a bit better. Not sure if that makes any sense, but I have an image in my mind right now. If I can pull it off, I'll post.
smiles.gif

Krasevayadancer, Finally? I didn't know anyone was waiting...
smiles.gif