my first MAC seminar!!!!!

ish2do

I just signed up a few minutes ago, and i'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!
clap.gif
Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm a little nervous....

Khalia25

Is a seminar the same thing as the lessons they offer at the store, or is that something completely different?

MisStarrlight

Our seminar this year is focused on eye techniques....basically a trainer (or a senior artist if you're lucky) teaches a class & demos stuff on person in the class. There are gift bags & some other fun stuff...and then afterward you get to go shopping!

(Ours is June 9th if anyone wants to sign up let me know. Hehehe)

ledonatella

I've been to the Pro Classes and have posted about them here before, but never a seminar, I'm not sure how different they are. Is it at a counter or a MAC store?

JillBug

that sounds like a ton of fun! do you know if they have them all over or just in a particular area?

MsCuppyCakes

I've been to two MAC technique classes recently. One focused on a smokey eye and the other a natural eye using the Pandemonium Quad. At the most recent class I attended, Smokey Eye, the store closed down just for us and the class started at 7:30 p.m. The class was $75, which was redemable in product. There were two MAC makeup artist per a table of six ladies. There were three makeup artist, who demo'd different steps and one model. It was a lot of fun, refreshments and water. As the class ended we were given a piece of paper to write down what we wanted to purchase.

juicyaddict

The techniques seminar I attended last April had some giveaway prizes if you can answer some trivia questions. I won the amazon quad. I think they gave away 5 cool prizes. So be prepared and come early so you can sit in front. There will be food and drinks too, really fun. It was $50 purchase for that one and I learned some new techniques, my favorite is how you need to balance eyeshadow textures, like if you use a frosty shadow on your lid, it is better to use a non-frosty one on your crease and vice versa. That tip I really use everyday.

rouquinne

when i lived in Ottawa, i went to them quite often. i always went to the first one in the morning and they had breakfast for us, lots of samples and draws for baskets. the time i went to the seminar for the Pool Party collection, i won the basket!

greengrin.gif

my last seminar in Ottawa in November 2005, i got to be the guinea pig!

greengrin.gif

rouquinne

call the store on St. Laurent Boulevard, spare. if they don't have them, the one i went to in Ottawa was at one of The Bay stores (this was before the store opened in Ottawa).

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me
don't you have to work for MAC to attend a seminar?

No, seminars are for customers really.

MAC employees attend classes.
lol.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
icon_bump.gif
question

Stores and counters normally give them.

MAC Pro classes are given by MAC Pro. You need to become a pro memeber to attend one of those.

FacesbyNiki

Call your local counters and stores. I know Nordstrom does them all the time.

I attend one at one of our freestanding stores and after the class I know I wanted to be a MAC artist, so I went and applied and got the job.
smiles.gif