My first pair of lashes - a couple questions!

Kelly78

I got my very first pair of fake lashes (the new ones from Chill) for New Years Eve, and I have a couple basic questions. First - are they one time use or can you wear them a couple times? Second - do you put them on before or after your eye makeup? Do you still apply mascara? Thanks so much guys!!!

Sanayhs

If you take care of the lashes and treat them gently, they can be worn more than once. You should take care to gently remove the glue from the band and put them back in their case to help retain shape after wearing them. Do not put mascara on the false lashes. You will likely want to do your makeup first so that you don't get fallout all over your falsies, and you will likely also want to put mascara on to help your lashes blend in with the falsies.

Some like to do mascara after applying the lashes to help them meld together, but this can lead to mess false lashes that aren't so clean and reusable, from what I've noticed.

ShugAvery2001

Listen and Learn Grasshopper
winks.gif

YouTube - Cleaning Used Faux Lashes!

erine1881

^^^i advise against this if using human hair lashes (the majority of mac's are human hair).

if you plan on wearing them more than once, don't put mascara on them. otherwise the mascara starts to buildup over time. do your makeup first, including mascara, then apply lashes. reapply liner to cover the glue. this will come off when the glue is removed. when done, remove the old glue with your fingers (no water needed as they cause the lashes to lose their curl, and then they just look like crap from then on), and replace back in the container. then they're ready for next time.
thmbup.gif

just_jill325

i have never put mascara on my lashes. I do my eye make up first. the MMA said to apply your eyeliner as it helps your fake lashes stay on longer and also you can use it as a guideline when you're putting on the falsies, and if you don't get it too close to your eyelash base, at least it'll be camoflaged with the black liner.

the MMA said I should be able to use them for sure twice, third if I take really good care of them, and 4th if I'm very good with them!

I purchased the same lashes as you, the cross-over ones, i LOOVE them! good luck!!!

GreekChick

You can use them up to 6 times, as long as they're kept clean. After wearing them, simply take pointy tweezers and pull the leftover dried glue.
I prefer applying the lashes after eye makeup. This way, powder doesn't fall all over the hairs-the result is a cleaner, more tidier look. The eyeliner will also look smoother if the lashes are applied last.
Finally, you can use mascara on them to lift them, but this will shorten their life span. If you're using mascara on your lashes too, you won't need as much- fake lashes provide enough drama on their own. However, I recommend using mascara so as to blend your real lashes in with the fake ones for a more realistic look.

Latest posts