My first red lipsticks

foomph

choochoo.gif
I got my first red lipsticks today! I got MAC Red and Duonnet!
th_DANCE.gif
I can't wait to wear them at my xmas parties! ONe was free with B@M (without the pans, FYI as I depotted them for my palette) and the other I paid for. I'm so excited! I've never had a real red lipstick before. How about you? What was your first and what are you opinions on red lipstick? Some people are really opposed to it, but with a neutral eye and barley there blush I think it's HOT.

aziajs

Hmmm...my first red lipcolor was Nars Babe lipgloss, I think. Wait, no. Maybe it was MAC Ornamental lustreglass. Anyway, I felt that it didn't fit me. The first red I fell in love with was Queen's Sin. I think it's universally flattering and easy to wear.

cocolette

Quote:
Originally Posted by foomph
choochoo.gif
I got my first red lipsticks today! I got MAC Red and Duonnet!
th_DANCE.gif
I can't wait to wear them at my xmas parties! ONe was free with B@M (without the pans, FYI as I depotted them for my palette) and the other I paid for. I'm so excited! I've never had a real red lipstick before. How about you? What was your first and what are you opinions on red lipstick? Some people are really opposed to it, but with a neutral eye and barley there blush I think it's HOT.

OOOOOO im like the same skin tone/hair/eyes, can u post a pic wearing them?
I really want a read lippie but im scared lol
coco xx

Bernadette

Russian Red was my first red lipstick and is still my favorite. Cherry or Redd (Red Enriched or Brick for deeper reds) lip pencils and Prep+Prime lip are a must for red lips! Oh and if you can still get your hands on any of the Mattene reds do it, they are AMAZING!

purrtykitty

I tend to stick to glosses, so Russian Red l/g was my first red. I was overexcited by the color and later found it to be a bit too bold for my tastes. Now, I tend to stick to reds (gloss and stick form) that are buildable.

mariecinder

I've never been able to wear red lipstick...though I've wanted to try. I just think it looks funny on me. Congrats on your great purchases though!

bozica

Russian Red was my first but I swapped it because I was too chicken to ever wear it. I just got Queen's Sin recently and I absolutely love it, so I'm going to have to find somewhere to wear it!

Patricia

my first red l/s was Garnet by TBS, i still love it!

my first red by MAC was Queen's Sin/Red Romp (it was actually Venetian lustreglass but i hated it and only used it once cos it's too orange, i prefer deeper reds, i think they look better on me)

liquidsirenhoney

my first red lipstick is my one and only nad still gets no love, i always get scared of red, i have a big mouth (big lips) so it really stands out on me. i absolutely love red lipstick just not on me, i always wish i could pull it off, but i thinkit's just something i'm not comfortable with.

Jennilin

I (very reluctantly) purchased Spice it Up on a whim and I love it! It's a lustre finish, so I can have a sheer barely-there soft red or I can build it up to a more of a true red. It's also fun to wear with Flusterose, Love Nectar, and Ornamental lustreglass - it looks like a different lipstick every time.

foomph

Re: My first red lipsticks-now with pics

I was gone on holidays and hadn't realised anyone replied to this thread!

Here are a few pics of me in my DUBONNET l/s at Christmas.

Me

IMG_2676.jpg

Me in the middle
IMG_2678.jpg

Me second form the right

family.jpg

Latest posts