• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My first tutorial!!! Black and Blue all over.

deathcabber

This is my first tutorial so please be gentle….however, any CC is very welcome!

DSC_0441.jpg

Here are my supplies. Many are interchangeable!
UD Deluxe Palette – Peace and Zero e/s
MAC Sharkskin Shadestick
MAC Ricepaper e/s
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (or UDPP)
MAC Flusterose Lustreglass
Bronzer, blush, concealor, mascara, eyelash curler, foundation and brushes of your choice!

DSC_0355.jpg

Start with an equally frightening yet moisturized face

DSC_0359.jpg

Apply e/s primer to lids with your finger.

DSC_0360.jpg

Next apply Sharkskin to your lid, you can do it in any shape that suits you…wing it out if you want. I use the sharkskin because you can literally shape your whole eye look early on this way. Its like the lines you color inside
winks.gif

DSC_0366.jpg

As you can see I did it a little uneven, but no biggie...just clean it up with a q-tip.

DSC_0367.jpg

Now take your brush and load it with Peace. Apply it to your inner corner and then along the top of the lid and out to the corner. Leave some room for Zero in the lower corner.

DSC_0368.jpg

Should look like this...

DSC_0370.jpg

and this from the side...

DSC_0371.jpg

Now load your crease brush (I use MAC 219) with Zero and apply the room you have left.

DSC_0372.jpg

Should look like this unblended.

DSC_0373.jpg

Next blend the black and blue together and it will look like this.

DSC_0376.jpg

Now load up your blending brush with Ricepaper and brush it over the top of Peace to blend the color so there is not a harsh line. I also use it to even out my super dark brown lids :p

DSC_0377.jpg

Here you can see where I did it on my left eye (your right)

DSC_0378.jpg

Now dab some concealor on with your fingertips...I need about 3 coats to make myself look semi awake :p

DSC_0382-1.jpg

This is how it looks so far.

DSC_0388.jpg

Now take the Sharkskin and line your bottom lashes. You can do this ahead of time when applying it to your lids if you like. You can also use whatever black liner you want instead if Sharkskin isnt dark enough.

DSC_0390.jpg

And now it looks like this.

DSC_0392.jpg

Now curl your lashes...

DSC_0393.jpg

And apply mascara. At this point most people would do brows but mine are in a growing out phase and I have no idea what to do with them so my apologies.

DSC_0403.jpg

Next apply your foundation...I mix mine with water or moisturizer to thin it out a little and give lighter coverage.

DSC_0405.jpg

Now take your MAC 187 and apply some bronzer.

DSC_0406.jpg

Then get some shimmery blush and apply it on top.

DSC_0407-1.jpg

Should look nice and glowy like this.

DSC_0410.jpg

Now smear on some lip balm. Then apply your MAC Flusterose. I didnt show this step because I just slop it on...not a talented lip person!

DSC_0421.jpg

And here is the end result...a wee bit nicer than the before pic
winks.gif

DSC_0417-1.jpg

Close ups of the eyes...

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

Hilly

Looks great!! I have sharkskin and never know how ot use it. I will definiely give this a try. Thanks!

Brittni

very pretty!!! it's really subtle when your eyes are open and then when you shut them its like BAM! so it's definitely a versatile look...nice job

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
very pretty!!! it's really subtle when your eyes are open and then when you shut them its like BAM! so it's definitely a versatile look...nice job

I agree! I really like this look
smiles.gif
I think I want that shadestick now
thmbup.gif

Calhoune

Wow blue looks soo good with your eyes and complexion, your beautiful green eyes really pop!
We don't have UD here but I'll be doing this with my newly aquired parrot!
Thank you so much for taking the the to do this tutorial
smiles.gif

I love this look, so glad I bought the last sharkskin yesterday at my mac counter! Cant wait for this weekend when I can use it though! (Cant really wear fun colors to work, being a office manager and all!!) You look amazing and your tut was very informative! Thanks a bunch!

LOCa

HaHaHa...

" Start with an equally frightening yet moisturized face "

I Love This Though You Did A BadAss Job With The Blue And Black. Hell Yes.

goldspice

u look Gorgeous, not understated or overstated...just the perfect sexy dark eye look! i'm gonna try this look right now! giving u a thumbs up on ur first tutorial, i suggest u keep em coming
thmbup.gif