• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My First Tutorial - Cats Eyes/Winged Eyes Using Fluidline

miss_emc

It was a public holiday today so I got a little creative and thought I would attempt my first tutorial with some fluidline. I felt like doing a cats eye but instead of using same old Blacktrack I thought i'd try Dipdown which turned out really nice!

Catseyetutorial25.jpg

This is what I used to acheive the look:

095.jpg

1. MAC Dipdown Fluidline
2. MAC Lingering Brow Pencil
3. MAC Wheat Brow Finisher
4. Imju Dejavu Fiberwig Mascara
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion
6. MAC #168 Contour Brush
7. MAC #109 Brush
8. MAC #231 Brush
9. No name brand fine art brush (the new MAC #210 brush is very similar)
10. MAC Gingerroot Cremestick Liner
11. MAC Accentuate/Sculpt Sculpt & Shape Powder
12. MAC Underage Lipglass
13. MAC 3N Lipstick
14. Shu Uemura Lash Curler

Catseyetutorial01.jpg

Bare faced with foundation, concealer and powder!

Catseyetutorial02.jpg

Start off using an ultra-fine eye liner brush too apply the Fluidline

Catseyetutorial03.jpg

Draw a point at the inner corner off the eye using the tear duct as a guide, make sure the ends meet up with both the upper and lower lashlines. Next, draw a line coming out of the outer corner of the eye and make it level with the natural crease of the eyelid. Draw a line bringing it into the crease and follow down the crease of the lid to meet the point at the inner corner of the eye.

Catseyetutorial04.jpg

Catseyetutorial05.jpg

Using the #231 brush, fill in the wing that you have created with the Fluidline

Catseyetutorial06.jpg

It should start to look like this

Catseyetutorial07.jpg

Using the leftover product on the brush, line the lower lashline so it's more smudgy as opposed to a harsh line. Ensure that the line tapers and connects to the wing and the innner corner.

Catseyetutorial08.jpg

All connected now

Catseyetutorial09.jpg

Repeat the process on the other eye trying to make it as symmetrical as possible (this is the tricky part!).

Catseyetutorial10.jpg

Fill in with the #231 brush

Catseyetutorial11.jpg

Both eyes done!

Catseyetutorial12.jpg

Now curl the lashes and apply mascara to both upper and lower lashes

Catseyetutorial13.jpg

Fill and define the brows with Lingering brow pencil

Catseyetutorial14.jpg

Apply Wheat brow finisher to brows to shape the brow, hold down any stray hairs and give it a more defined arch

Catseyetutorial15-1.jpg

Use the #168 brush to apply Sculpt sculpting powder under the cheekbones to contour

Catseyetutorial16.jpg

Oh the fish face LOL! I like to apply the contour in small circular motions, and I use the little nobbly cartilage bit of the ear (I think it's called the Tragus) as a guide of where to apply the powder.

Catseyetutorial17.jpg

Using the #109 brush to apply Accentuate highlighting powder from the duo, highlight the upper cheekbone, the bridge of the nose and the cupid's bow of the lip

Catseyetutorial18.jpg

smiles.gif

Catseyetutorial19.jpg

Apply Gingerroot cremestick liner to the lips, filling them in.

Catseyetutorial20.jpg

Apply 3N lipstick

Catseyetutorial21.jpg

And Underage lipglass to finish!

Voila!

Catseyetutorial22.jpg

Catseyetutorial23.jpg

Catseyetutorial25.jpg

Hope you all liked my first tutorial! Give it a go!
yahoo.gif

mesopotamian

YOU LOOK TERRIFIC! I loved the way you explained everything so thoroughly and included a bunch of pictures. Can't wait for more tutorials from you.

iheartangE

You are hella beautiful naturally and this look is hot! I love it-I look forward to more tuts from you (hint hint)!! Hehe
winks.gif

faithhopelove24

These are by far the coolest cat eyes I've seen. You've inspired me I'm definately gonna try this! I'm also gonna add that 231 brush to my collection
smiles.gif

kattybadatty

very amy winehouse!
winks.gif
hehe i love your preciseness on the lining of your eyes. i just want to throw some fluidline on your cheeks for whiskers and youll look like a cat! lol great job. i love different effects of liner; yours is amazing. great job and good luck! xxx

Lndsy

I love it! I am going to have to buy dip down now...I have been wanting it for a while and you made up my mind. Thanks for the great tutorial!