• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My first tutorial (Pretty pic heavy.. sorry!)

Brelki

Okay, please be nice.. lol I'm still really working on my eye application techniques, and I finally got the guts to post a tutorial today, so here goes.
greengrin.gif

For this tutorial, I used the following:
IMG_3550.jpg

MAC fix +
mark c-thru TM in 1
Clinique airbrush concealer in 1
Clinique superblam lip treatment
Max Factor lash perfection mascara in black
MAC magrittes paint
MAC shooting star MSF
MAC sunbasque blush
MAC blacktrack fluidline
MAC carbon e/s
MAC smolder eye kohl
MAC beta brown lipglass stain
MAC pigments in coco, melon, and shimmer time
Brushes: mark blush brush, mark powder brush, mark blending brush, mark e/l brush, BE e/l brush, small e/s brush (not sure where it's from)

Okay, now for the pics...
smiles.gif

Start with a clean face and my hair all pulled back(eek! don't be scared!)
IMG_3463.jpg

I apply clinique superbalm, Fix+, then my foundation and concealer:
IMG_3469.jpg

Next, I apply shooting star MSF to my cheeks, and a bit to my forehead, making sure I blend well:
IMG_3479.jpg

Now, a bit of sunbasque blush to the apples of my cheeks. Afterwards, I blend again with my big powder brush:
IMG_3481.jpg

Now I apply magrittes paint to my lids:
IMG_3486.jpg

This is what I look like so far:
IMG_3489.jpg

I spray my small e/s brush with fix + and apply coco pigment to my eyelid, but not the inner corner or the browbone area:
IMG_3496.jpg

Next, I clean the brush off, spray it again with fix +, and apply shimmer time pigment to my brow bone, and I apply melon pigment to my inner eye area
IMG_3505.jpg

Now I blend!!
smiles.gif
-- sorry no pic here... lol
Next I line. I start with blacktrack fluidline on the top lid. I make a fairly thick line.
IMG_3515.jpg

Then I line the inner bottom lid with smolder kohl.
IMG_3517.jpg

Here's what the eye looks like so far...
IMG_3521.jpg

Now I apply smolder e/s along the fluidline (and a bit above) and to my lower outer eyelid area...
IMG_3527.jpg

Now blend again!! (sorry no pic)
I now apply beta brown to my lips, dabbing it on.
IMG_3532.jpg

Next, I apply MF lash perfection mascara.
IMG_3534.jpg

I let my hair down, and here's the finished product!!
IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

Cingels

WOW I LOVE it and I must get my Coco pigment out and do this look! Its so simple,yet so stunning! Great Tutorial! ;-)

Brelki

Thanks, Cingels!
smiles.gif
I never do the smokey eye look cause I can't seem to do it right, but today, I was feeling daring! LOL
smiles.gif
I think it came out okay... practice makes perfect, right? lol

SChotgurrl

Very very classy and pretty!!! And YAYYYY finally someone else use's mark. brushes (besides me)!!! Don't you just luv 'em?? I need to get another set
smiles.gif
Very nice tut, chica!

Brelki

Thanks all!
smiles.gif
SChotgurrl... yes, I love these brushes, and I can't get over how cheap they were!

Femme Noir

Since you already have pink undertones in your skin, shooting star msf really brings out the redness in your face and makes your cheeks appear orange. I think that with the Sunbasque is too warm for your complexion. other than that i think your eyes look nice. I like the shadows you chose for your eyes
smiles.gif

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme Noir
...shooting star msf really brings out the redness in your face and makes your cheeks appear orange...I like the shadows you chose for your eyes
smiles.gif

ditto that ^

yay melon pigment!
cheerleader.gif

suggestion (not sure how it will look, but, just a random thought):
shooting star verrrry lightly in the hollows of your cheeks, more as a bronzer and it will bring out your cheekbones I think. then lightly highlighting your cheeks with the coco & melon mixed together? maybe coco highlight and melon on the apples of your cheeks?

(someone tell me if what I'm suggesting is just plain dumb haha)

Latest posts