My ghetto attempt at summer eyes.

trip75

OK, I see all you ladies doing awesome summery looks and I figure..."I can do this!".
Yeah...well I found out I can't but I tried like hell. I had a hard time blending the chrome yellow and when I attempted to blend everything the Big T turned into a weird green color. I did this at about 10 pm right before bed cause I was bored so I was just trying out random colors. I have to say I don't like yellow and silver together, but eh...whatever. I need feedback so CC is super encouraged!!!
After typing all this down I realize I really like Covergirl stuff. Cheap and It does what it's supposed to!

I used the following...
Face
~monistat chafing gel <primer>
~covergirl clean makeup liquid foundation in natural beige
~covergirl fresh complexion concealer in creamy natural
~physicians formula magic cube green concealer
~UDPP
~covergirl loose powder in translucent light
~Estee Lauder blush in raspberry
~MAC MSF in light flush
~MAC MSF natural in dark

Brows
MAC e/s in cork

Eyes

~MAC e/s in white frost
~MAC e/s in electra
~MAC e/s in chrome yellow
~MAC e/s in Big T
~MAC e/s in parfait amour
~MAC fluidline in blacktrack
~covergirl volume exact waterproof mascara in very black

Lips

~victoria's secret lip liner in ginger spice
~MAC lipstick in buoy-o-buoy

MissCrystal

aww .. honestly i think the yellow is just a little bit too bright a nice pink would look nice with the green eyeshadow

MissCrystal

uh oh i double posted ...
thmbdn.gif

trip75

Yeah...I agree. Hindsight...I don't like the yellow and silver together. And Big T turned weird. LMAO!!! I don't even know.
I really wanted that chrome yellow sooooo bad and now I got it and I can't get it to work.
Next time I'll try it with a pretty soft pinkish color.

mslitta

I like the look but I would have not applied it the way you did. You can definately go with out the silver color but maybe next time try the chrome yellow on the inner half of lid and then the green on the outer half. Have the yellow fade into the green.
Or maybe even with yellow and orange. That is one of my favorite combos.

malaviKat

I think it looks quite lovely! I especially like the colour on your lower lash line. Why don't you like the look?

I suppose one suggestion I could make is to not blend out the chrome yellow by using another colour so that it looks frosty. The beauty of chrome yellow (for me, anyway) is its matte texture. Try taking a bit of chrome yellow to blend it into the next colour.

SparklingWaves

The masters of interior design and experts that work with colors do put these colors together. They do work very well together.

I admire your genius.

hotpink1326

I think its a great try & these colors look great on you... very summery! I would definately give it another shot but try it in a different order. Like,i wouldnt put the yellow in the crease... maybe the green or purple instead. Either way... youre very pretty & i'd love to see your 2nd attempt at this look!!!

trip75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslitta
I like the look but I would have not applied it the way you did. You can definately go with out the silver color but maybe next time try the chrome yellow on the inner half of lid and then the green on the outer half. Have the yellow fade into the green.
Or maybe even with yellow and orange. That is one of my favorite combos.

Next time with this color combo I'm skipping the yellow all together. I think a silver is good for a more smokey eye.
My next attempt at chrome yellow I'll do the orange or pink.
Thanks for the CC, I really need it.

trip75

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I think it looks quite lovely! I especially like the colour on your lower lash line. Why don't you like the look?

I suppose one suggestion I could make is to not blend out the chrome yellow by using another colour so that it looks frosty. The beauty of chrome yellow (for me, anyway) is its matte texture. Try taking a bit of chrome yellow to blend it into the next colour.

I've learned that me and matte colors don't get along. Wow...did I have a hard time blending. Some girls in their FOTD's put on their pics "it doesn't look blended but it is", straight up that shit is not blended, the line is as harsh as it looks in the pic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpink1326
I think its a great try & these colors look great on you... very summery! I would definately give it another shot but try it in a different order. Like,i wouldnt put the yellow in the crease... maybe the green or purple instead. Either way... youre very pretty & i'd love to see your 2nd attempt at this look!!!

I'm not discouraged!! I will try again...mix it up!!

Thanx everyone for the help. You all rock!! If it wasn't for the peeps at specktra....I'd be a hot mess!!!

Mizz.Yasmine

i like it too. chrome yellow was obviously meant to be a bold eyeshadow!
smiles.gif

i think all u really needed to do was have the green and yellow blend together at the crease more so then u can see the colors come together. other then that i think its a hot summer color combo!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
It's my skills that are ghetto!

LOL I think you're too hard on yourself.
smiles.gif

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
I've learned that me and matte colors don't get along. Wow...did I have a hard time blending. Some girls in their FOTD's put on their pics "it doesn't look blended but it is", straight up that shit is not blended, the line is as harsh as it looks in the pic!

Ah just practice. You'll get the hang of it. And no worries if matte textures aren't your thing. Lustres don't seem to be my thing...and I have a pan of Swimming that laughs at me every time I try to think otherwise. :p

(I still think your chrome yellow looked good though!)

Latest posts