My Homemade Earring Storage :)

VeXedPiNk

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, since this isn't makeup storage. It's my homemade earring storage solution!

Not sure about you guys, but I just had my earrings stored in various boxes. And it was really hard to easily find a certain pair. So I decided I needed a better way to store them. I did some research into making my own "hanger" and found lots of great ideas incorporating fabrics or ribbons. So I raided my closet for something I didn't wear anymore and found a lacy top from my younger days - honestly, I'd never fit into this thing again but it was so pretty that I've kept it regardless. I also had a white dress top that was ripped. So I stitched the white shirt to a coat hanger, cut off the excess fabric, put the purple lacy top over it and VOILA!!

Extra bonus: I've used my stud earrings to hang my necklaces and bracelets!

Since I took this picture, I've added more of my earrings and hung it up next to my vanity. I'm hoping that having all my earrings so readily available will encourage me to wear more of them!

I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

VeXedPiNk

And if you've made your own earring holder too, feel free to post pics here!! The best part about researching this was seeing how unique and creative people can be :)

DILLIGAF

I need to do something as well. I have everything in pretty little boxes. So I can't see what I have and trying to find anything is a pain. I need to get them out of the pretty little boxes and out in the open where I can see them and use them. Thanks for the ideas.

VeXedPiNk

That was exactly my problem too!! Now I see them all on display when I get ready and I can't wait to pick out a pair. I highly recommend doing this! I saw what lots of other people had done and then used all those ideas as inspiration. I literally stood in front of my closet thinking "okay, what could I hang earrings from?" The dangly ones easily hang from the lace and the studs go through the lace and the shirt's lining very easily.

Please post a picture if you do try something like this :)