My husband is Anti-Specktra...

elegant-one

I feel bad for you! He shouldn't call you 'stupid' that is just very belittling imo.

If my dh asked me not to do something as great as being on here, it would be..you want me to do what
lol.gif
lol.gif
...nah

Seriously, mates should support each other. Hope you work it out.

MAC_Whore

If you enjoy it, it isn't "wasting your time."

Writing blogs and threads are a way to explore your hobby, interest and creativity. While your husband may not see the appeal, he should see that it brings you joy and therefore see the value to it.

The next time he says you are being "stupid" for persuing your interests, stop what you are doing, turn around, look him in the eye and tell him, "As our wife, I deserve more respect than that. I am asking you to afford me some common courtesy and never call me or my interests stupid again."

My DH loves Specktra and that I am a part of it. He thinks it is a great place. Does my DH need to give your man some I
heart.gif
Specktra lessons? He will, you know?
lol.gif

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
If you enjoy it, it isn't "wasting your time."

Writing blogs and threads are a way to explore your hobby, interest and creativity. While your husband may not see the appeal, he should see that it brings you joy and therefore see the value to it.

The next time he says you are being "stupid" for persuing your interests, stop what you are doing, turn around, look him in the eye and tell him, "As our wife, I deserve more respect than that. I am asking you to afford me some common courtesy and never call me or my interests stupid again."

My DH loves Specktra and that I am a part of it. He thinks it is a great place. Does my DH need to give your man some I
heart.gif
Specktra lessons? He will, you know?
lol.gif

th_LMAO.gif
LOL. All your posts make me laugh and look like a lunatic (I'm at work).

To the OP, maybe he talks to you that way because you don't stand up for yourself regarding this situation? My boyfriend tried to pull that on me once and now he is a MAC encyclopedia (you should try the 'No Sex For a Month' trick - it works miracles!).

Kayteuk

I think sometimes boys think "Well you have got me now, why bother looking good". And sometimes they don’t realize that you have to do make up for yourself, and to look nice for others to get those feel gooood compliments.

Try to talk to him, explain to him that its like a hobby. Try and think of a hobby he does and discusses with his friends, and then make the comment that you’re learning about make up not from just your friends, but from people round the WORLD. People of different class, ages gender and ethnicities, and people who do it pro and the non pros. You’re sharing and growing by doing this, and its keeping you a very happy person without having to go to a counter and spend lots of money.

I always find that talking to my man helps me a lot =)

kimmy

when i was with my ex, i was surfing specktra one night and he was like "kim, seriously? what good does that do?" i told him "a hell of alot more than talking to you about makeup." and he became alot more supportive of my makeup habit.

don't give up anything else for this guy. imho, you've already given up too much.

glassy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHdecor
Wow thats tough
ssad.gif
it sucks when your significant other doesn't support one of your hobbies. I'm sorry but I think you've given up too much for him :/ he should love you for who you are...If my bf ever told me to not do something I would just look at him likes hes an idiot. lol But you're married...it has to be a lot different...Sorry I can't help much, my state of mind is completely different. Good luck though! And you should never stop doing something you love for others. Follow your heart.
smiles.gif

Im happily married for 10 years and if my hubby told me not to do something i also would look at him like he was a idiot lol. To the original poster iv'e been married for 10 years and going strong and thats because my hubby lets me be me i don't think it could be any other way. Now i could see how it would bother someone if a person was on a site till morning till nite without doing much eles( not saying u do) So the key to my marriage is loving each other and respecting each others likes, and of course my girls nite out lol. U still have to be able to do your thing whether going out with friend/ family or simply going on a fab makeup site and relaxing. Good luck girley marriage has it's good and bad but if there's love it's all good. Guys will talk out of there ass once in a while thats just men lol.

purrtykitty

Mine isn't supportive of my "habit", but he doesn't mind that I spend time here on Specktra...as long as I also spend time with him. I often talk with him about some of the threads on here (mostly the ones from Deep Thoughts), and once he figured out it wasn't all about makeup, he shut up about it being "just a stupid makeup site".

User93

My bf loves picking on me, he thinks it's funny. I just stopped paying attention to it as i realised he seriously thinks calling me a "noob" s cute (dont ask me how that works lol).

I honestly dont know how to help you, but i wanted to say, im being nosy so i clecked on your profile and saw your pic.. damn, you look so beautiful! Seriously, you shouldnt possibly have a low self esteem. I mean, damn, you look so cute and gentle. Your hubster should realise how lucky he is.

Has anyone ever told you you look like latina btw? I was pretty sure before i read personal info
smiles.gif

TISH1124

My husband's Motto is always..."Honey, If you like it, I love it! "
I often times show him some of the FOTD looks and ask him if he thinks I would look good in certain colors and he always looks and answers honestly....Maybe he's thinking it saves him a lot of money if I am at home on Specktra vs out shopping :)
I am sorry your husband doesn't support your hobbies...It is no more ridiculous than them sitting in front of the TV watching sports ALL day long or playing videos...If it is something you enjoy and it is harmless he should support it in my opinion, no matter what it is.

Lexxiii

Aww, that's terrible. You shouldn't have to give up something that you enjoy for him! Don't let him control you!

I feel very blessed to have a boyfriend who is supportive of my makeup addiction. He was so fascinated once when a MAC MUA was swatching some new products on her hand that he bought them for me on the spot on the condition that I do a look for him with it! xD

Mac_Cherry

MEN???? They sit in front of the TV ALL DAY watching sports. I could never figure that out. My finace' is cool with me on spectra, so I will not talk during sports or him studying... LOL Spectra vs Shopping?? I can sit on spectra for hours and he doens't care because he can study for his boards in peace... Men should thank specktra and send them a monthly check!

emeraldjewels

Its not wasting your time because you like it, and he should be happy that you have something in your life that you enjoy, even if it is something he's not necessarily into.

I would judt carry on blogging etc, and ignore his snide comments about it.