my inexpensive new m/u area (thanks ikea!)

jennifer.

about a month ago i decided i really needed a place to sit and do my makeup because i've been going back & forth from my bathroom to apply it using my door mirror in my living area. not very handy as you can imagine! plus i wanted to get my m/u out of the bathroom.

my apt. is really tiny and so i realized this space, which was previously taken up by shoes strewn about and an unused easel, could be put to better use by none other than a vanity area. so i ventured out to ikea today to find a cheap smallish table strictly for my stuff. my boyfriend is out of town on his days off this week so i'm crossing my fingers he won't talk shit about it when he comes back to visit! haha here's the pics:

table/chair:

muarea.jpg

storage areas on top of table:

storage.jpg

mac potted & broken e/s, pallets, pigments (in jars so i don't spill the full sizes!):

espots.jpg

pigments, paintpots, eyeliners, mes & metal-x e/s:

ppelpig.jpg

random highlighters, eye bases/prep stuff, foundation, primers, mixing medium:

prepstuff.jpg

blushes, beauty powders, lipsticks, lipglasses, & backups:

lsandblush.jpg

non mac/random e/s:

rdmeyeshdws.jpg

non mac/random lipsticks & eyelashes:

rdmlipstix.jpg

misc. makeup, sample jars, m/u wipes & removers, brushes, crap in general:

misccrap.jpg

it's continually growing so i'm sure this will change drastically throughout next year. thanks for looking!

Margolicious

Very creative! Looks great. I really like the storage solution and i'm sure you enjoy the new easy of applying makeup, while sitting
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Looks perfect!! Nice and tidy!! You have all your makeup in one place now that is always helpful!

sweetkiss

i like how its organized inside the shelves too ^^ i think i mite use mini baskets instead of storing all mine in bags

MiCHiE

That's so neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Very nice. Ikea kicks ass.

Sure does! They kicked mine the other night, putting that MALM table together.

jennifer.

thanks guys! it's been working out great so far. unfortunately i don't have an outlet nearby to plug in my lighted mirror! how sad is that? i'll prob rig something up to reach closer to it.

i never realized how little my collection is when it's organized this way! i still have space left to add more mini drawers and stuff though.

ikea's definitely the way to go if you're on a budget!

jdechant

GAWD..I wish I had an ikea remotely near me! (The closest one is 8 hours away!!) Nice collection and great organizing!

spacegirl2007

it looks great! i used to do my makeup standing up in the bathroom and i didnt think i would like having a vanity area but i love it! enjoy your new space. hopefully the lighting is decent, that's my issue b/c my husband is lazy and likes to sleep in (my vanity is in our bedroom!)

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Very nice. I like this chair a lot. What was bf's reaction?
winks.gif

thanks! sadly, it's the only piece of acrylic furniture i own (i love acrylic furniture!). i asked him how he felt about it and he was like "well, it was bound to happen." haha i take it he didn't mind it too much.

xxprettyinblkxx

oooh i love that table! what ikea collection is it from? i'm moving into a small apartment next month and i *really* need a vanity area hehehe