My kitten doesn't like my MAC brush!?!

GemmaAntonia

My kitten obviously hates my 213 eyeshadow brush since while I was in the bathroom this morning he sneakily went into my room & pulled my brush down from my desk and started chewing on it
ssad.gif
I caught him red (or should i say brush) handed. Picture attached.

knoxydoll

The brush is still fine to use; it just doesn't have it's varnish on it anymore. My cat has done worse to a brush, and well my dog will eat anything (I mean anything including inedible stuff).

GemmaAntonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
The brush is still fine to use; it just doesn't have it's varnish on it anymore. My cat has done worse to a brush, and well my dog will eat anything (I mean anything including inedible stuff).

Oh I know that, im just a bit fussy & like my brushes in perfect condition
smiles.gif

Jacq-i

Hahaha... My cat Sushi loves to grab my brushes, and runaway with them, in her mouth. Then I go chase her down the hallway. It's so funny.

I know how you feel though. I try to keep everything in perfect condition.

SingFrAbsoltion

haha aww how cute. i keep my brushes in a cabinet, so i don't think my kitty can get to them. kittens chew on everything don't they lol

msmack

I have issues with my cat 'Tuffins' ... she loves to destroy brushes... and has a taste for the EXPENSIVE ones! (her favorite flavour is the '187')

GemmaAntonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
Hahaha... My cat Sushi loves to grab my brushes, and runaway with them, in her mouth. Then I go chase her down the hallway. It's so funny.

I know how you feel though. I try to keep everything in perfect condition.

Runaway with them in her mouth? How cute!

PomPoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll

oh yeah I know the dog one well! my dog will actually eat anything. especially if he's not meant to! You literally have to keep your eye on him all the time...i mean he's a good dog apart from eating things, hes just so nosy, and we can tell him "no" until we're blue in the face, but he'll just have another go 10 minutes later when he thinks you've forgotten.

take buttons...he LOVES buttons...seriously, I can't have him on the bed, because he will lie there and one by one chew off the buttons that hold my quilt cover closed. Same goes for a pair of trousers and a shirt my fiance left over a chair in the living room. He rips them off and crunches them up like a tasty snack. We give him treats when he's being good, but these just dont satisfy him the way buttons can. Oh d

and makeup brushes/makeup...YUUUUMMMY he says! he tried to chew one of my brand new mac lipsticks, it was in my handbag I'd put on a chair, and *silly me* i left it open...so he pulled it out, out of the plastic carrier, and OUT OF THE BOX! I'd literally gone upstairs for two minutes and came back to this scene...i was like WTF, how did you manage that in such short time? that survived...unfortunately for my new masterpiece max mascara, the same thing couldnt be said!

Hes too curious for his own good, he goes in coat pockets, handbags, carrier bags, the wastepaper bins, any interesting looking storage boxes he sees sitting in the corner sometimes, he'll pull stuff off the shelves in my living room...bahhhh he's worse than a toddler! I love him to pieces but eyes in the back of your head just doesnt cover it!

GemmaAntonia, i'm so glad my dog can't get places cats can get! i fear all my worldly posessions would slowly be chewed into unrecognisable pieces of junk! i'd start hiding those brushes and hope your kitteh hasn't got an uncontrollable urge for brush nibbling now
winks.gif

mello

lmfaoooo. I'm glad I've never had this problem with my cats!
But my cat really likes to chew pencils... :S

purrtykitty

my kitty, Chewy, likes to bat anything off a counter onto the floor. that, and he loooooooves hairties. so much so that he has his own - he can "feed" and "water" them to his heart's content. we hafta keep the toilet lid down otherwise his hairties will go "potty" as well.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
my kitty, Chewy, likes to bat anything off a counter onto the floor. that, and he loooooooves hairties. so much so that he has his own - he can "feed" and "water" them to his heart's content. we hafta keep the toilet lid down otherwise his hairties will go "potty" as well.

One of my three cats does the batting thing. He will just walk across the dresser or whatever batting things in the floor watching them go. He's like "Look what I can do, swat there goes your lipstick, swat there goes your toothpaste, ha-ha isn't this fun, here comes more" He used to carry one of my daughter's Barbie heads around. He looked like he had a long blonde beard. He would take it all over the house and one of our girl cats used to carry around a Barbie leg. She just loved that leg and if my daughter left her Barbies out she would chew off the fingers and toes. She loved how rubbery they are. But my daughter is almost 19 now so we don't have Barbies everywhere like we used to. It was so funny to see them with that leg or head in their mouth walking around the house, especially if we had a guest over.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
One of my three cats does the batting thing. He will just walk across the dresser or whatever batting things in the floor watching them go. He's like "Look what I can do, swat there goes your lipstick, swat there goes your toothpaste, ha-ha isn't this fun, here comes more" He used to carry one of my daughter's Barbie heads around. He looked like he had a long blonde beard. He would take it all over the house and one of our girl cats used to carry around a Barbie leg. She just loved that leg and if my daughter left her Barbies out she would chew off the fingers and toes. She loved how rubbery they are. But my daughter is almost 19 now so we don't have Barbies everywhere like we used to. It was so funny to see them with that leg or head in their mouth walking around the house, especially if we had a guest over.

LOLLLLL...haha...my parent's cat totally does that with ANYTHING soft or plush (socks, small stuffed animals)!! buuut when he's carrying them he howls like he's in heat!! he's famous for doing it as soon as the lights go out at bedtime or when my parents have guests. every night they have to make sure the house is all picked up, but often enough he still manages to find something.

XShear

Granted, I don't have any brushes (well, nice ones anyways) that my pup, Harry can chew. But, the other day he did decide to chew up my $100 dark green snake-skin wedges that I love oh-so-much. The SO caught him, I was at work. :/

And the worst of it was when I had caught him chewing on the same shoe again (the one that we had thrown in the trash the night before) ! That was a double hit. Man, was I pissed ... I'm still bitter, I <3 those shoes.