My lids look like a fish!

pratbc

I have super-oily lids and my UDPP alone just wasn't cutting it anymore. I still crease, especially in and around my crease area. So, I have been experimenting with other bases over the UDPP. I have tried paints, paint pots and shadesticks. But, whenever I use these products, my lids get really scaley looking. I have tried blending the product out with a brush to even it out over the lid but when I do that the oil on my lids (even with the UDPP on) just makes it look an uneven, creasy mess.
Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Patti

pratbc

Yes, the picture is what I was referring too except mine is a bit worse. But, when I look at my lids without makeup on, they do not have lines on them. I am 28 years old and do not have wrinkles or anything. Are the lines you are referring to noticeable when your eyes are bare of m/u?

Thanks so much for your help!
Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Do you have a picture of this 'scaly' effect?

I don't get any creasing with UDPP (or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) + Shadestick + eyeshadow.

I still get a 'scaly' or 'crepey' look though, i.e., the overall texture of the eye rather than a channel of skin showing through the shadow and base products, e.g., where the eye crease/fold is situated.

http://tinyurl.com/5qna99

In the above close-up shot, this is what I mean by the 'scaly' look; you can see the texture of the skin underneath her eye. The scaliness is just a result of having older, lined eyelids, though I've found that if I drink more water, I usually have fewer lines because the skin is less dehydrated. Using different eyeshadow textures also helps, for example, frosts tend to make my eyelid look more crepey but satin textures seem to blend in more - it does depend on the eyeshadow though.