My lifelong companion, the oldest of my three cats, passed away last evening

martygreene

Kitty died last evening. I got the phone call from my father last night. She's currently in her favorite basket, curled up 'sleeping'. Today or tomorrow we are taking her to be cremated, privately so as to allow me to keep her ashes. I just can't see putting her into the ground.

My father wrote an email and sent it to all our family and friends. It read:
Quote:
After over 23 years (that we know), Kitty Wasik died this evening. In terms of cat years, she was over 120.

In the last month she started to lose weight and got skinnier and skinnier. She died peacefully in her Comfy Kitty Kave that Lily had made over 15 years ago. That was Kitty's favorite spot, next to the heater vent and away from Louis (the other cat).

We will miss her a lot. She was a very good friend.

kittykaddish.gif

R.I.P. Kitty Wasik
1983(?)-2006

Kittylouis.jpg

Kitty and Louis, resting on the back porch steps at my parents house last summer.

kitty3.jpg

Kitty, sleeping in one of her favorite places- a gray lambskin draped over a parlour chair.

kitty4.jpg

Not the best picture, but I don't have many on my computer. Kitty in the livingroom.

Kaddish, the Jewish mourner's prayer.
Translated:
Glorified and sanctified be G-d's great name throughout the world which He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.

May His great name be blessed forever and to all eternity.

Blessed and praised, glorified and exalted, extolled and honored, adored and lauded be the name of the Holy One, blessed be He, beyond all the blessings and hymns, praises and consolations that are ever spoken in the world; and say, Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us
and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

Juneplum

oh lily i'm so sorry
ssad.gif
she was a beautiful kitty.. it's awful to lose a pet. they truly are family members and it's so difficult when they pass ..
ssad.gif
(hugs)

tinagrzela

Oh my gosh, Lily...I am so sorry for your loss! They become so close to us, that losing them is like losing someone you love...I hope you always remember her...and I know you will...

Shawna

Oh Lily, that is so sad. I have lost a few pets and people just don't seem to understand that they were family members. I always got told "oh, it's just a stupid cat, you can get another" but you cannot replace them. They just hold a special place in your heart.

melozburngr

I'm SO sorry! reading this brought tears to my eyes, I, too am feeling the hurt of losing a beloved pet. My boyfriend and I had to put our dog to sleep Thursda(he was only 7) ... it was the hardest thing I could have ever imagined doing. It sucks, everything reminds me of him, and I can't stop crying. Just know that your kitty, and my dog, Brandy, are in a better place now... (and Brandy is probably chasing your kitty
smiles.gif
)

Again, so sorry to hear about your loss...it is very difficult to deal with, as we grow so attached to our pets, and usually regard them as we would a sibling, or a child.

lovejam

I know what that's like. Happened to me when I was nearly 13. I'm really sorry about your kitty. When mine died, my dad used the same prayer.

theleopardcake

i'm very sorry to hear that =/ she looks absolutely beautiful form those pictures. i'm sure she was internally beautiful as well <3

pucci

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I had a cat for 18 years and I still miss her.
Try to be thankful that you were blessed to know this kind soul and today she is free from the pains that this world delivers.

laceymeow

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. she was absolutely gorgeous and i'm sure she had a wonderful life.

mspixieears

Oh, Lily, I am so sorry to hear about your dear feline friend. Thankfully, she passed away in peace and in no pain.

My cat is my only true friend in the world, don't know what I'd do without him. I hope he makes it to 23 cat years, you must have been a wonderful owner to your cat for her to have lived so long.

P.S. She looks adorable.

poddygirl

My thoughts and prayers are with you. She was a beautiful cat and looks very well-loved in the photos. What a wonderful long life she had ...

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Oh, Lily, I am so sorry to hear about your dear feline friend. Thankfully, she passed away in peace and in no pain.

My cat is my only true friend in the world, don't know what I'd do without him. I hope he makes it to 23 cat years, you must have been a wonderful owner to your cat for her to have lived so long.

P.S. She looks adorable.

Appearantly, according to the vet, calico cats are one of the longest lived domestic cats.

It's so strange to not have her around, all of my childhood memories include her, I almost assumed she'd just always be there.

libra14

martygreene said:
Appearantly, according to the vet, calico cats are one of the longest lived domestic cats.

My calico, Chloe died at Easter last year and I have been thinking about her a lot lately. She was only 7. She died of hepatitis. I had her cremated too as that was my best option. I still talk to her urn from time to time. I am so sorry for your loss. I definetly know how you feel.

xxmissjennyxx

im sorry to hear about your loss. i know what its like to lose someone you love you so much. yes, some people say "its just an animal" but not to animal lovers like you and i. i had to give up my puppy after only 3 days and it still hurts me because i fell in love with her. the only consolation i have is knowing who adopted her and that she'll be well taken care of. i know your cat is resting peacefully and was well aware of how loved she was.

MissMarley

thoughts and prayers. losing a pet is devastating- my cats are family, and when we lost a kitten this summer, i mourned for weeks.