My Lil Bro

IslandGirl77

I just found out my brother checked himself into rehab. He's my younger brother, I'm the oldest. All this time I thought he was only smoking weed. Which is bad already. But, come to find out he has been using speed and meth. I cannot beleive this boy. He is always in trouble, and struggling. And is grown. He was also having seisures, and he claimed it was adult epilepsy(however you spell that), but now I'm thinking this was all from drugs. I'm surprised the boy isn't dead. I just pray he gets his act together. I'm thinking about sending him my copy of "A Million LIttle Peices." Just pisses me off, he's not the only crackhead family member I have. Damn! Sorry I had to vent.

pucci

The best thing is he checked himself in! Admitting you need help is tough, you should be proud of him
smiles.gif

pucci

I know it must be easier to be angry than to worry about him, since he is your little baby bro. Hopefully this is just what he needs for a wake up call
smiles.gif

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Yeah, I know. I'm being harsh. I just can't believe it.

yeah that sux...but u should send him the book i read it it was awesome....just gotta be there for him...and vent ur allowed
smiles.gif

jess98765

it's good he's in rehab though before it did become too late... best of luck for him and his recovery
smiles.gif

user3

I know just how you feel.
I have a younger brother that is the same way. While I can't prove he does other drugs I know he is smoking weed. Which I can't really come down on him for because I smoked weed for years but keeping him from getting a real job and he has started to steal from our dad. He makes me so mad I just want to slap him over and over again.
I understand that you want to come down on him. I would be same way with my brother.
It's so hard to understand how someone can just crap their life away.
As side from how you feel I am sure you love him very much and want him to get better.
I know it's hard but be there for me the best you can. That doesn't mean you have to get so involved he sucks you into his world but just enough to let him know you want the best for him.
I have a cousin that went into rehab 6x's and to be honest she just stop all of the sudden and never had anything to do with rehab. Sometimes people just have to wake up on their own. She said if she had more family support while in rehab things would have been different and should would have stopped after 1st time.

At least he is taking the first step in his long journey.

Best of luck to you and your bro!

IslandGirl77

Yeah, I sent this boy money becuase he told me he didn't have food. And I'm not sure if he even used it for food. I just want him to get it together. I have a Uncle who's been using ICE, for over 20 years now. I don't want him to end up like that. It's tough, to see people doing that to themselves. And what's even worse, since my parents got divorced when I was 10...I haven't seen him since I was like 15 or something.

joytheobscure

I'm glad he admitted himself!! My husbands 40 year old -400 pound weedsmoking, meth addict (or former meth addict) dealer aunt - who has barely beenout of bed for two years, had a serious stroke last week and she is on a vent and paralyzed on one side and can't speak- so be thankful he admitted he has a problem now. Now don't get me wrong no matter how stupid she may have been we still love my hubbys aunt... but man.. I wish I felt sorrier for her than I do... My hubby also has a first cousin who is into that too... its just hard what it does to family members.

I just thank god I'm only addicted to mac.

giz2000

I'm glad your brother is getting help...my older brother is a recovering alcoholic, so I know where you're coming from...hang in there...

Peaches

It's good that he's admitted he has a problem & is getting help for it!

I sorta have a feeling my little brother will head down that path. He's 15 and grew up with 3 sisters, so that must've been hard for him. He's really into GTA and car games like that. He listens to all the old school rap from GTA3 and the other week he told me he wants to try "that 8 ball drink". I told him "its not a drink & you dont want it". He seems really excited about getting drunk & going to parties, but I think that's just normal for a teenager. I just don't want him to turn into a druggie. =\

IslandGirl77

Sorry for your brother. And there is a drink people here call 8 Ball. Old English, it's like a 40 ounce malt liqour. But, still he doesn't need that. B

Peaches

No he doesnt.

Most of my friends smoke ice, etc. I really really really don't want my bro to get into it. I would like my friends to get out of it too. They've told me they have but they probably haven't.

IslandGirl77

Well ice is no good. My Uncle has been smoking ice for over twenty years! I don''t ever see him getting of it either. It's really sad. I hope for the best for your friends and brother.

Peaches

Thanks.

I sorta got into drugs myself (pills, not ice or anything else) but I've stopped for now. Trying to get my best friend to quit smoking cigarettes above anything else. He's a drug abuse councellor (ironic much) so he is knowledgable with it, but I want him to stop smoking.

jokers_kick

I know how HE feels haha, be glad he checked himself in!! The only way to get someone to quit doing drugs, is if they want to quit themselves...so its definitely good that he's checking himself in. No one knows about what I went through, even my parents, I did everything on my own...once you make the decision to quit it gets easier and easier to resist the drug.

good luck to you and your brother :]

user4

Well if he checked himself into rehab he's def taking a BIG step towards the positive. I wish him the best of luck!

IslandGirl77

Thanks everybody! Well, he can't talk to anybody on the phone right now. But, we can send him letters. My Mom talked to his counselor and they said he's doing really good! So that's good. I hope it helps him this time.

funKyVibeS*

dont worry... now that hes in rehab...hes only gna get better.
i heard the book 'a million little pieces' was all fake...all that crap really didnt happen to the guy...am i right?

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by funKyVibeS*
dont worry... now that hes in rehab...hes only gna get better.
i heard the book 'a million little pieces' was all fake...all that crap really didnt happen to the guy...am i right?

Million Little Pieces, I think he fabricated some things. I think they happened, he just altered like time frames and how certain things happened. I think...I could be wrong. That's the last I had saw. My bro is acutally doing pretty good. So I think he's gonna be ok. My Mom said that he had only one pair of clothes. I don't know what happened to all his stuff. So she sent him some clothes. I'm going to write him a letter this week to see how's he doing. Thanks everybody for the nice replies and positive thoughts.