My Little Love Ramble Du Jour

revinn

Alright, so, I was recently in the pit band for our school musical, and I did makeup as well (of course). There's this guy in the year below me who was in the musical, and after four nights of touching that handsome face, I must admit that I'm quite smitten. I've known him through band and student council for years, but we've never really been friends, per se. I felt a little spark between us, and I made a point to compliment his gorgeous skin and eyes a few times (he's Chinese with a bit of Portugese, and he has fantastic features! I'd never done eye makeup on an Asian person before, and I have to say, WOW. His eyes were stunning with little to no work! I'm now jealous..wow, off topic).

Anyway, I have no prom date (ouch), and I really do think he's adorable, so I thought I'd get to know him and maybe fool him into liking me back. We have a band trip two weeks from today, and I thought if we could start talking before we left, then I could make my move on the trip. So I wrote a flirty message on his Facebook wall two days ago. It was pertaining to how lovely he looks with makeup. He hasn't wrote back yet, but he's been online to accept friend requests and to comment on a comment left on one of his pictures.

Is this a snub? May he not have seen it? Did I insult his manhood? Did I come on too strong (I doubt this one)? Is he intimidated (this one too)? Am I overthinking it waaay too much? What should I do? I need advice on how to progress this relationship to at least a friend level in two weeks!

To sum it all up, help!

Oh, in addition, he apparently falls hard for girls, but they never like him back. I have NO idea why.. So he's not very confident when it comes to dating.

user79

Hm, well, telling a heterosexual guy he looks good in makeup isn't something that men usually find incredibly flirty, hehe. Maybe he just thought you were teasing him?

You should just show your interest more in person.

duckduck

^^^ I totally agree. He probably just thought you were messing around or teasing. Maybe find something besides his face (hobbies, body, brains, band skills, whatever) that you could compliment him on.
smiles.gif

revinn

Oh dear..so maybe I offended him? Not good, this is why I shouldn't be allowed to make my own decisions without consulting a friend, lol! I can't post again though, I'd look desperate and I bet he hates me now. I suppose I could compliment him in person, but like I said, we're not really friends, so how can I approach him? I know for a fact that I'm flirt-challenged, so I have no idea how to go about these sort of things.

kaliraksha

Perhaps since he's not use to being liked and has no self-confidence he felt teased or thought you were just a flirty person but is not taking it personally. I would try to find a comfortable way to talk to him... maybe try sending him a message through an instant messenger program... do you have any mutual friends that you can perhaps set up a big hang out day with lots of friends? Just subtle ways to get into his life will give you more opportunities to flirt and talk. You may like him as more right now... but after that time period... maybe you can just ask him to prom casually as a friend. Let him know it's as friends, that neither of you have dates and you could go dutch and split costs. It's good to start somewhere?

Latest posts