my little way to put mac boxes to use

nursie

hi there
smiles.gif
i've obviously got too much time on my hands this summer.
but, i am crafty. i once saw a pic of someone's stash and she had a big
bag of every mac product box that she was saving in case she ever decided to resell anything.
i dont plan to resell, but there have been some boxes that were so cute i hated to throw them away (fafi esp.).....so, my 15 year old daughter is just getting into wearing makeup. i made her a vanity out of a little computer desk (pics of that to come in the stash and storage section...and thanks to all for the inspirational threads and pics there).....and i thought about how to make use of these little boxes i had saved.

items used: empty mac product boxes, a picture frame, spray adhesive, and a piece of black foamboard (or you could just use black construction paper)
PICT0013.jpg

tiny collection of empty boxes:
PICT0014.jpg

cut the boxes to have just the parts i want to show:
PICT0015-1.jpg

arrange the pieces of boxes to fit the paper cut to the size of frame opening:
PICT0016-1.jpg

once i decided on an arrangement, i used the spray adhesive to stick everything to the black foam board...and slid it into the frame....now my daughter can use it as a little tray on her vanity. and its easy to change around if you get new products with cuter boxes
smiles.gif
im sure someone more creative (and with more cuter boxes) can come up with something better, but it passed the time for me
smiles.gif

PICT0017.jpg

GlossyAbby

neat idea! My husband laughed at me the other day when he saw how many boxes I was hoarding under my sink.. I just cant throw all of them away...

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossyAbby
neat idea! My husband laughed at me the other day when he saw how many boxes I was hoarding under my sink.. I just cant throw all of them away...

Tell him we are preparing to be weird old ladies who hoard junk, collect porcelain clown figurines and bring in stray cats (minimum of 20 cats). lol

You look like my sis in law in you avatar.
winks.gif

Mizz.Yasmine

that is cute!

another thing u can just like that - is buy a vanity that has photo frames built into it(beside the mirror)mine has 4 and i fill them with various MAC images. Then u drape a hot pink feather boa across it and u have a little Glam MAC vanity to do ur makeup at! lol I love mine. I have to sharea pic of it too sometime.

keitadonna

That is so creative! My husband just bought me a very nice wooden vanity. I don't have anything on it yet. That may be the perfect thing!

YvetteJeannine

That's a really neat idea! Your daughter is lucky to have a Mom willing to do cool and creative things like that! I LOVE the Vanity Tray!