My Lustreglass caps have all convinced me to get Lasik eye surgery...

TDoll

PLEEEASE tell me there are some of you fellow MAC addicts who have NEVER noticed the caps of the Lustreglasses are different from the Lipglasses??!!??

Lustreglasses are my faaavorite. I have more of those than lipglasses... Probably because I prefer the brush applicator and the colors are so darn pretty. I always thought the caps of the lipglasses (black) were the same black as those on the lustreglasses....UM I WAS WRONG.

I rebel against my Optometrist. She always tells me I need to wear my glasses often, and I don't. Because of course, I believe my eye sight is perfect. I've tried contacts and they don't work for me. They just reverse my problem. I'm farsighted, so when I wear contacts, everything far away goes blurry and my vision up close is great...not to mention that when I wore them, it made driving at night damn near impossible... Picture me driving down I-75 in Atlanta traffic ripping them out of my eyes....yeah.

So today, I had been on the computer for a while and had on my glasses. I kept them on when I went to straighten up my vanity. I picked up one of my lustreglasses and did a double take. The cap is like this pretty iridescent color. Like with green iridescence. WHAAAaT??? So then I compare it to the others...yep the same. Then I compared it to my lipglasses...and they are different!!!

I've been loyal to lustreglasses forever and cannot believe it took years to notice this!!

I was SHOCKED. MY VISION REALLY DOES SUCK! Thank you MAC, for convincing my stubborn ass that I need Lasik eye surgery. I'm thinkin' about doing a 2-fer with the hubby when he gets his done in a few months.

NicksWifey

My vision sucks too! That's crazy girl! It took me a while to see the difference but when I did, I was amazed too. I didn't realize it either for a while!

erine1881

yep, they've got an iridescent lid. do you remember when they first came out, how they got recalled because the lids split? its because they were too iridescent that it made the plastic too weak, so they started splitting. the counters sent them all back and were sent replacement lids to give customers when they came in with split lids.

anyway, they reformulated the lids so they were stronger, but they still have an iridescence to them.

so that's my history lesson of the day. bye-bye!
fluffy.gif

Corvs Queen

I noticed this when I got my first Lustreglass (Love Nectar). Mine is sort of pinky/green. Really pretty.

Deirdre

I'm going with you. I cannot read the labels on the tubes of my lipsticks, so I have to actually open them up and look inside, if I want to know which is which. Some of the labels are placed offcentre, or have a thicker feel to them, so I can identify some of my lippies that way, or ones with SE tubing, but really, those letters are so tiny!

That's funny about the lids, though. Haha, I did notice the difference, but I seem to be sensitive to those kinds of visual differences. Just don't ask me to read anything!

..kels*

hmm why have i not noticed this!? i had to check mine after reading your post. haha. usually i'm good at paying attention to detail.

& just a side note - Lasik can make your night vision really terrible. something to consider!
smiles.gif

Claire84

I'd never noticed this, even though I wear contacts! Maybe it really IS time I went for an eye test.....

agirlnamedfury

I totally never noticed either. But then, I have all lustreglasses with only a heatherette lipglass... so different packaging. But i never noticed any differences between them at the counter!

My vision really sucks too. I bet even if i owned tons of lipglasses and lustreglasses I still wouldn't have noticed a difference.

TDoll

I mean, I just feel plain crazy! I have lots of both...even more lustreglasses! I'm usually sooo observant of things and pay close attention to detail. I just felt so dumb when I realized! My eyes must be so bad! lol I've been a MAC addict for years...so this is shocking...just shocking, I tell you! lol

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yep, they've got an iridescent lid. do you remember when they first came out, how they got recalled because the lids split? its because they were too iridescent that it made the plastic too weak, so they started splitting. the counters sent them all back and were sent replacement lids to give customers when they came in with split lids.

anyway, they reformulated the lids so they were stronger, but they still have an iridescence to them.

so that's my history lesson of the day. bye-bye!
fluffy.gif

Do you have any pictures of the old tops? I am interested in seeing these!

thelove4tequila

Haha thanks for sharing. I noticed this also with my Love Knot Lusterglass. I thought it was special packaging because it was shiny! Love Knot is my one and only l/g but I have about 8 different lipglass so I didn't know any better. I assumed they would have the same finish but I guess not.

TDoll

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! I mean, it's not a super noticeable difference, but like someone else said, I'm usually sensitive to stuff like that. Especially with my MAC stuff!

That's kinda scary about Lasik possibly making night vision worse. My dad had Lasik about 8 years ago and his vision was perfect for about 6 years, but a few years ago, he had to start wearing reading glasses again and they recommended that he have it done again! I just want to do it once and that be it!
I did hear that with Lasik, it's not advised that you get it done during the Fall months because your eyes see more of the orange/red spectrum from the leaves and it can cause it to not heal and reverse it or something. I saw that on Ellen and from an optometrist! WEIRD. But what about people that live in areas like Nevada or around there where there isn't as much greenery? I dunno...

pink_lariat

My friend got it done around 3 years ago and her vision is perfect now. I remember she used to complain about the contact lenses all the time!

The only thing is..her eyes tend to get really sensitive to sunlight, so she always wears sunglasses when she go out.

kimmy

if something's more than twenty feet away from me and it has words on it, i have to squint to read it...it's so sad haha. so don't feel bad!

M.A.C. head.

LOL I first read this post yesterday, then tonight about 30 minutes ago, I remembered this [I was looking for some l/g to wear] and I looked at my Springbean tube and was like "Oooohhhh la la" I NEVER noticed it either.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Do you have any pictures of the old tops? I am interested in seeing these!

i don't. when they came out i bought doubles of lustrewhite and flusterose. i gave away one of each, and the lids broke on the other two, so i got those replaced.

contrabassoon

Oh, yes they're different. The plushglasses have different lids too. I actually prefer the plushglass top because it's got such a smooth texture that I want to rub all over my face ;D