My MAC appointment is Tuesday at Fairview Mall

Violeta

I have to buy $40 of MAC, I have green eyes, light skin and brown hair.

I don’t have any eyeshadows from MAC, NOT even one :eek2: ; I like greens (similar to golden olive, old gold) and purple (Nocturnelle), never had any gold eyeshadow or pigment and I would really love one to mix with browns and greens. What should I buy?

I have tones of light browns, taupe; neutral colors so I don’t need any, I would have got another Coco but it's not available anymore.

Almost forgot to mention that at this location they only have a few pigments( I was thinking that it’s strange but…) however they have A LOT of eyeshadows, I never seen such a collection
th_star.gif

Violeta

Here is a better description of the color of my eyes:

My eyes are dark green (exactly like the pine tree color) and in the interior, close to the iris there’s gold (similar to the gold/browns color of the leafs in the autumn) and some browns and plums make me look like I was beat up/ punched in the eye. The most positive comments I receive when I use green eyeshadow; with dark silvery/gold/green my eyes seem to really pop out.

The palette that I have is Avon Forest, the colors are very nice but the quality is not that great.

lara

Why don't you wait to see what the MA uses, and ask him/her to help you pick out some eyeshadows?

They're much more likely to give you good recommendations than we are, as they're seeing you face-to-face and all we have is a BOLO description to go by.
smiles.gif

Violeta

I will definitely do that but I wanted to have an idea of what to ask for, what should I look into because I am not familiar with MAC eyeshadows at all. I like to be “prepared” a little
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Ooh, makeover time! And I love the looks the girls at Fairview do! My sis and I did appointments there last year and loved it. =D

I find it a bit difficult to give suggestions on what to ask for because the main thing is going for what you want to learn about applying makeup. The first time I went was for my wedding so what they asked for was what colours my dresses are (Chinese weddings = 3 dresses at least!) and how I want the look to be - natural, slightly smoky, etc. The MA chose Shroom, Trax and Honesty in a natural way because I wasn't used to playing with makeup yet.

For the one with my sis, I knew I wanted Shade f/l and Steamy e/s, so I asked for a look that used those two. She asked how comfortable I was with wearing colour (i.e. how bold do you want to go) and I said I'm okay with it but preferably not in-your-face colour, so she did a simple look using Shroom as a base/highlight and Steamy on the lid with Shade as a distinct upper liner.

For my sis, she had no clue what colour or anything, all she asked was for an easy, natural look which could be used for work. The MA used Woodwinked (lid), Expensive Pink (outer lid) and Nylon (inner lid, highlight). Still a bit on the dramatic side but that was just his style; my sis went home and found a toned-down version. =P

For my Culturebloom one I asked for an edgy look with the colours in the new collection so the MA picked up Carbon e/s and asked which items from the collection I wanted so I did Overgrown e/s and Violet Underground (LOVE this liner!). She did Overgrown (inner corner), Iris Print e/s (outer corner), Carbon, then heavy-lined w/ Violet Underground.

So, after my long-winded descriptions, the main q's are:

1. What colours do you want to try out? Even if you don't have a specific one, take a look at what range you're interested in.

2. What style would you like him/her to do?

3. What type of event is this look for? (e.g. everyday, office, night out, first date, wedding, etc.)

So if you'd like to be adventurous, perhaps ask what plummy colours he/she may suggest for you. They're usually pretty good in telling you what doesn't look good. Or, if you want more greens, see which green you'd like to try. Swimming may be a good one to look at.

I'd suggest taking a look at the fotd's here as well to get an idea of what you'd want the MA to create for you. HTH, and have fun!l

Violeta

I just came back from my appointment.
My makeup is very heavy, the foundation, blush and contour can be clearly seen so I am not happy with that at all, I think that I prefer the Cory mineral stuff that I was using before. My eye makeup looks good, she used: shroom, sumptuous olive, some heavy black eyeliner (I look like a teen gone bad with this eyeliner
graucho.gif
) and another brighter green.

My haul for today, 3 eyeshadows
pretty.gif
: Humid, Sumptuous olive and Goldmine! Love them, great colors and I can combine them with a lot of other colors that I have.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violeta
I just came back from my appointment.
My makeup is very heavy, the foundation, blush and contour can be clearly seen so I am not happy with that at all, I think that I prefer the Cory mineral stuff that I was using before. My eye makeup looks good, she used: shroom, sumptuous olive, some heavy black eyeliner (I look like a teen gone bad with this eyeliner
graucho.gif
) and another brighter green.

My haul for today, 3 eyeshadows
pretty.gif
: Humid, Sumptuous olive and Goldmine! Love them, great colors and I can combine them with a lot of other colors that I have.

That sucks about the foundation! I do find that their application's more than what I'd usually do, sometimes even more than what they have on their own face, but I take the concept of what they were doing and see if I can use it back at home. If you're looking to have another makeover in the future, perhaps tell them to go easy on the foundation (now why didn't I think of that for mine!).

Sounds like you scored well on the shadows tho! We'd love to see pics of your fotd's with them.
winks.gif

Latest posts