My Makeup RANT!

c00ki312

sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i just wanted to say that i hate when i read some beauty blogs and see an eyeshadow or lipstick shade which i'm suddenly lusting over then find out its only available in the US? i mean i bought some loreal HIP in US last year and they have some really good products so i thought since its Loreal, they might release it here, but they didnt. And other brands like coastal scents etc...and the worst thing is, US releases some of UK brands over there like recently its jemma kidd and Pixie (Nessasarymakeup.com). they even have Boots brand at Target lol i cant remember the other brands but they have it there! and they even have US exclusives too. i saw they had a pretty collection from Rimmel and thought theyd release here but didnt. Just wish the companies were as fair to UK customers as US. i think i'd like to see our Boots or Superdrug makeup range expand, dont you? example makeup forever or SEPHORA!

nazia

I agree. I'm such a make up lover, I'm desperate to go to the US and Japan just to browse in their pharmacies and look at all the make up!

We're luckier than in lots of other countries with the amount of choice we get, but at the same time, we only have a fraction compared to many places.

Not to mention how much more we have to pay here for our cosmetics...

glam8babe

i totally agree, and with the rimmel thing too.. 'RIMMEL LONDON' anyone? come on it's a UK brand and they get all the new pretty packaging etc.
and same with maxfactor.. they have so much better packaging and more pigmentation

i also wish we had NYX in superdrug, they have NYC which isnt too good but NYX is such a better brand

i hate going in boots and superdrug and all the testers are basically mingin and even non-testers have been opened
its just disgusting

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey4415
i know and the boots/no7 sold in the US is cheaper arghhh!

I didn't realise that, what a joke!!

nazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
I didn't realise that, what a joke!!

It's crazy isn't it?

Saying that, I went to a Boots outlet shop the other day and picked up a No 7 Radiant Glow foundation for £2! I think it was made to be sold in the US, cos the customer info number on the back was American. But that was a real bargain, as it seems to be nice stuff.

user79

I agree. The collections at drugstores are soo limited. Whenever I go to North America, the drugstore makeup selection is like twice or three times the size.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazia
Not to mention how much more we have to pay here for our cosmetics...

That's something which pisses me off aswell. But that said, I was reading the Turkish cosmpolitan just today and the MAC prices are UNBELIEVABLE.

An eyeliner which retails here for £9 is 30 YTL which is the equivalent of £13
and the Nail Lacquer's are 25 YTL which is about £11 when we pay £8..

I'm gonna be studying there for a year so i'm gonna have to stock up over here..

anyway sorry for going off topic but the price thing is ridiculous!

Growing Wings

Whilst I would love to have the variety over here that they do in the states, I can't help but think about how much poorer I would be if that ever happened!

LMD84

yeah i don't think i'd ever be able tosave money as i'd be spending it on make up all the time if we had everything the us got!!! i'm going to the us next month and have a make up budget so am treating myself to things i canm't get over here... and lots of mac of course!!

vocaltest

Boots No7 prices are ridiculous over there, their Radiant Concealer thats like Touche Eclat is £12 here and £6.50 there!

With people saying you would be poorer living over in the USA with all the brands, you have to remember that our average household income is higher than theirs, so in a way... it balances itself out. It seems cheap to us but it might not do to them.

Saying that though... my parents are off to Florida in a few weeks, you wouldn't believe my list of stuff
greengrin.gif
haha