my mascara ALWAYS wears off

jennystalin

i tried using MAC's prep and prime lash
i tried using lots of coats of different kinds of mascara, soem higher end and some drugstore, and a mixture of both.....it always wears off within 8 hour work days.

i have blonde eyelashes.

any idea why i have this problem??

how can i solve this?
what mascaras can you recommend?

d_flawless

try prep and prime lash, it should coat the lashes to make it more noticeable where mascara should be applied, thus covering more of the blonde and making it more opaque. i use zoomlash over it (like three coats sometimes) and it really pumps them up and lasts...hope this helps!

BlahWah

Hmm..I'm wondering if a waterproof formula would work? Just a shot in the dark, someone correct me if it's a bad suggestion!

*edit: I also wonder if leaving more time for your eye cream to absorb before applying mascara would help so it doesn't slip off/would adhere to the lashes better. =P Just throwing out thoughts!

HapaDynazty

i have that same problem i can only wear lancome waterproof mascaras those are the only mascaras that stay on my lashes. ive tried many others.

jess98765

i have prep and prime lash and it works perfectly for me......
But if that doesn't work for you, then try waterproof mascara.. Maybe your lashes are a litlle oily or something ,hence the reason why it doens't stay on. So maybe try dusting a bit of powder (whehter it be e/s powder or whatever), then apply your mascara and see what that does...

jennystalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaDynazty
i have that same problem i can only wear lancome waterproof mascaras those are the only mascaras that stay on my lashes. ive tried many others.

thanks, i'll try lancome.

jennystalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98765
i have prep and prime lash and it works perfectly for me......
But if that doesn't work for you, then try waterproof mascara.. Maybe your lashes are a litlle oily or something ,hence the reason why it doens't stay on. So maybe try dusting a bit of powder (whehter it be e/s powder or whatever), then apply your mascara and see what that does...

i never thought that my lashes would be oily, but that makes sense!!!

i don't really have oily skin at all, but i guess my lashes could be oily eventhough nothing else is. i'll try some powder and i'll really try and pile some coats on and see what it does.

i'll try some lancome waterproof and see what that does too.

thanks so much.

also, i have been thinking about tinting the lashes, as the other poster said....i'll have to look into that more, as far as cost and everything though.

THANKS EVERYONE!!
smiles.gif