My mom hates color...

elmo1026

Okay so today I was bored out of my mind. And I want to play today. My mom hates that I wear any makeup with color. She thinks its to much. Just to bother her. I decided to wear it all day. ha ha. Question Do you guys think it to much? and why do older woman hate color?

Eyes:

toofaced eye insurance
rollickin paint pot (lid)
groundwork paint pot (above crease - til brow)
Heatherette trio 1:
Moonring (lid)
Cloudburst (crease)
Hoppin (highlight)
Feline eyeliner

Face:
Nc50 studio finish
Deep dark studio mist
Nw50 Studio fix
Peachtwist blush
Hipness Blush

Lips:

Naked space
nightmoth

tell me what you think
mac_addict.gif

Simply Elegant

The blue pops nicely against your skin. Colour is nice.

I think it's because they grew up in a more conservative time when more women had a more Bobbi Brown type of thinking that a natural look is always better and makeup is just meant to fine tune your features.

TISH1124

This looks beautiful...we told you to stop listening to your mom about makeup!! You know I am smiling back at the smiling shot...Love It!!

SassyMochaJess

Thats not too much! My mom thinks like that as well! But why would I listen to her, she uses black eyeliner to draw (or whatever) her eye brows!!
th_confused_new.gif
Even after i gave her my brow pencil and spiked. Lol love my mummy
yes.gif
. You look great!

GlitterGeet

I think you look fabulous!
All moms have their opinions. My mom is the TOTAL opposite! She always jumps into my chair to have her face done when she gets ready. She's a lover of color, especially when I started learning in high school.
She just wasn't aware how to work it till now! =) Now she's all for it.

brokenxbeauty

Hah, I think most moms think that. :p Mine does too, every time I wear a color that's not neutral or kind of pale.

I think it looks nice, and definitely not too much!

sharkbytes

I think you look gorgeous! Those blues are just right, they're not too over the top at all. Love this look, it makes me wanna break out my Cloudburst~

PinkPearl

this is definitely not over the top, and i think its very pretty!!
and yes, i agree, dont listen to ur mom lol
tong.gif

rbella

Well, your mom is wrong on this particular topic!! I think it looks great! You look really good in blues.

uh_oh_disco

Love that smiling shot; you look fabulous with blue eyeshadow! I think as women mature, their taste in makeup does too. Even I've toned it down since last year and I'm only 17! My Mum is always asking for my coloured eyeliners though.

bsquared

I LOVE IT! my mom isn't a fan of my colorful looks either but she's accepted the fact that i'm not a neutral girl, lol.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Well, your mom is wrong on this particular topic!! I think it looks great! You look really good in blues.

Couldn't agree more - this looks wonderful.

You have a gorgeous smile.

elegant-one

Blues look really good on you. Silly moms
smiles.gif

You have such a gorgeous smile, that you should definitely use some great colors on your lips!!! Go for it

Jade1012

lol.. looks great to me... as for my mommy.... I showed up wearing neutrals once and she said "what the hell?! are you sick or something? you look like you need some color!" thus that ended my "experimentation" with neutral colors. I only have 2 brown eyeshadows lol.. the rest looks like a box of crayons threw up in my MAC palettes. Now I own the CS ultra shimmer palette so sky's the limit!