my mom needs your help, ladies!

rayne.

my mom is looking for a foundation that'll cover the redness in her face but is still light-weight. she isn't too happy with the sff she has right now from mac. she likes the coverage but she doesn't like how cakey it looks on her. i was thinking maybe estee lauder might have something since mac & them are sister companies? she also has really sensitive skin & we are both fairly white. for reference she is about nw20. she's also in her 40's so something that is age appropriate would be amazing. she also doesn't wear foundation very often (special occassions, really) so the cheaper the better (but not drug store cheap unless it really works!)

anita22

If she likes Studio Fix Fluid but wants something with more of a natural finish, I'd suggest Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long wear foundation. It's similar to SFF in wear, but has a very natural finish to it. (Bobbi Brown is also owned by MAC, though in my opinion her foundations are better!)

User38

try the MAC Pro longwear -- they are light and have good buildable coverage if necessary.

Laura Mercier has also come out with a lovely cream foundation... feels like gel has great coverage. I also like the LaMer powder fndn.

at 40, less is more on the skin -- too much coverage makes a woman look older.