My New Vanity

Ciani

So I went to see an awesome Doctor near Detroit and we were so close to the Ikea store I talked my parents into stopping (since they go to him all the time we drove together), anyway I picked up the new smaller version of the MALM dressing table since I don't have room yet for the large one in my apartment or the car we were driving to haul it back lol. I also got the MALM fold out mirror though I haven't mounted it on the wall yet nor do I have the space to fold it out yet
ssad.gif
I will though once I get my house with my own makeup room!

I still need to get some better drawer inserts because the guy there told me it came with those nice padded ones but it didn't after I got home from the 2-3 hour drive!
angry.gif
So right now just a mess with misc containers in it and I need more storage still lol and a better mirror that doesn't take up so much space.

Adding a couple new pics of it more organized/almost finished!

rbella

Very nice!! You know, it never ceases to amaze me how much that baby can hold. It seems too small, but every pic I see shows it holding SO much! I think the one you got is just beautiful. Gimme that Hello Kitty cup!!!!!!!!

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Very nice!! You know, it never ceases to amaze me how much that baby can hold. It seems too small, but every pic I see shows it holding SO much! I think the one you got is just beautiful. Gimme that Hello Kitty cup!!!!!!!!

Yeah it does hold alot! I like to see all my things though without them being stacked at all so I really need a set of drawers to put on the right side of the vanity
smiles.gif
. I plan to take a whole room or walk in closet when we get our house to devote to my growing collection and just make into a "girl cave" like those guys have their man caves but mine will be all MACified instead of random beer brand covered! Another goal is to own every pigment ever made that I can get my hands on at least lol.

I don't think the fiance' would let me give up my HK cup
ssad.gif
since that was part of my valentine gift
th_LMAO.gif

Lizzie

Gorgeous! (the storage and your collection!) I didn't know the malm came in a smaller size... it's so cute.

I really need a makeup table...right now I have a piece of wood held up by two plastic drawers lol

Cinci

Nice
smiles.gif
did the top come seperate or with the table? is it made of glass or plexiglass?

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
Nice
smiles.gif
did the top come seperate or with the table? is it made of glass or plexiglass?

It's glass!!! I was so shocked because my Dad said the box was heavy to try and lift so I figured the desk was the reason it was so heavy but it had that huge piece of glass in the box too! The Table itself isn't heavy at all, it's extremely light and has brackets to hold it to the wall I'm guessing because it could tip if not enough weight towards the back.

Cinci

oh neat! I have the full size one and I wanted to get a topper to protect it.. I wish mine came with the topper... I was thinking of getting a glass top made... I like how you put the mac post cards underneath.. good idea
smiles.gif

elongreach

Thanks for showing us. I have a small back bedroom that I could never really manage the full size one, but this would be perfect!

P.S. the felt inset are nice, but I think you have it pretty well organized in there.

MiCHiE

That's awesome. I love it! I also had no idea they had made a smaller one. New item, I suppose. They sure do cater to Specktrettes!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
Yeah it does hold alot! I like to see all my things though without them being stacked at all so I really need a set of drawers to put on the right side of the vanity
smiles.gif
. I plan to take a whole room or walk in closet when we get our house to devote to my growing collection and just make into a "girl cave" like those guys have their man caves but mine will be all MACified instead of random beer brand covered! Another goal is to own every pigment ever made that I can get my hands on at least lol.

I don't think the fiance' would let me give up my HK cup
ssad.gif
since that was part of my valentine gift
th_LMAO.gif

I would give up everything ('cept my makeup) to have a girl cave! It is my dream!!!

Ok, you don't have to give me the HK cup. I understand. Doesn't mean that I won't sneak over and steal it though. ahahahhaha!!

HustleRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
oh neat! I have the full size one and I wanted to get a topper to protect it.. I wish mine came with the topper... I was thinking of getting a glass top made... I like how you put the mac post cards underneath.. good idea
smiles.gif

i have the full size one as well and i wish i could get the glass for the top as well. they need to start making it! i have it in the brown/black and it's always getting dirty with powder and other stuff. also i wish they made that mirror to match the black/brown one.

cool new vanity girl!! i might have to come and steal your fafi dolls though.
th_DANCE.gif

darklocke

I've been looking at this vanity myself, but I was pretty unsure until I saw your post today. I need my own makeup corner in the new (and first!) apartment I just bought with my boyfriend, and this would be perfect! I'm not a big fan of IKEA furniture, but I haven't really found a better choice for a vanity that's not all that big.

Thanks for sharing!
smiles.gif